Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Roja

Map Editor pack-guild map updating info

If you have a guildmap and want to update it it before the update, READ AND FOLLOW ALL INSTRUCTIONS BELOW!

1. You MUST download the update test client & data here: http://www.eternal-lands.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=52448

Please follow all instructions there precisely! Because if you don't have something right, your map won't be saved correctly and then it'll be unusable.

2. You may ONLY use the guildmaps in that download package! All old .elm files cannot be used at all, no exceptions.

3. If you need to update your .def file, send me a pm and I will email it to you.

4. Download the new mapeditor here: http://www.eternal-lands.com/mapmakers/mapeditor.zip

5. Unzip it into your NEW EL directory that you made for the test client package.

6. You only have until March 3rd to email me your updated map and def files. I will upload your maps to the test server and you'll have a day or 2 to test them, then that's it.

Please remember, only the NEW client data and NEW maps located in the update test package can be used for updating your maps!

Thank you for the information, Roja. One week to adjust will be very difficult, if not impossible. When will be the next opportunity to update guild maps?

If you already downloaded this map editor, please download it again(same link as above), because the old one is bugged, do not use it! Use only the new one! (only the .exe, .dll's, etc are the same).

The old .exe is dated 10-15-2009--delete this one.

The new .exe is dated 3-10-2010

And again, another MANDATORY update. If you downloaded it before the date on this post (March 15th), please redownload the zip in the first post here.

DO NOT USE THE OLD mapeditor.exe! No exceptions, it is bugged and will screw up the maps if you save them!