Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Dugur

What got you addicted in EL?

I was thinking. It's been about 3 years already in here and there are some nice little memories along the road. I'm a bit curious on what got ppl hooked in the game, what is it that makes it addictive and keeps you online?

I've always been a sucker for games where you have a skill and can grind it up by doing stuff. Easy to remember UFO: Enemy Unknown soldiers with epic Psionic abilities and reaction to shoot a sectoid coming from dead angle miles away :wub: And Betrayal at Krondor's Owyn with higher strenght than Gorath and all skills 100%. Quest for Glory... practically any game with numeric stats.

One thing that got me hooked was making stuff. FE was fun and knowing it would turn into higher level stuff later kept it interesting, not to mention EFEs that got me books for more stuff. Getting in a guild and meeting easy going friends got me waking up early to meet their time zone. We had alch shop and it was fun. Guild had quest based ranking system that helped choose stuff to do in very early beginning. Then there was competition with friends and later in rankings. Hopeless lvlholic.

So guess it was addiction of lvling, logical progress and community. What is your excuse?