Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Conner

Music and Sound

I am unable to get the music and sound to work on my game. I'm wondering if no one can get their music and sound to work, and if they can, what am I doing wrong?

At the moment there is no music and very little sound, and they're both turned off by default anyway. You need to change the line #no_sound = 1 in the el.ini file to #no_sound = 0 to enable sound in the game.

You know, I added sound, its kinda neat to hear the weather and such, Im still trying to figure out what one of the sounds is but anyway, when I close EL I get all the sounds that GAIM made while I had the window open, its like EL blocks all the others sounds and queues them up. its kinda strange but no biggie, anyone know anything about this?

I can use xmms with EL fine, so at least it's not blocking all sounds. Oh wait, you're running KDE, right? Maybe EL blocks arts, the KDE sound daemon. You could try editing your shortcut again, and replace

./el.x86.linux.bin

by

artsdsp ./el.x86.linux.bin

This should send the output of EL through arts. Dunno if it'll work, but it's worth a try.

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this