Eternal Lands Official Forums
Cyprom

Bug with mini events and counters

I first noticed it while harvesting Blue Lupines, later noticed it again on Chrysanthemums...

If you find gold coins from a mini harvest event, the amount of coins is added as harvested items in your counters. (Find 5 coins after harvesting 100 flowers -> counter says you harvested 105 flowers).

Haven't tried to actively reproduce it and I don't know if it's flower specific or not. But here you have what I do know :rolleyes:

Happened to me with Silver Ore. (Could harvest 250 in a run and found I had 509 (on counters) in two runs.)

edit:I might be wrong, but I believe the "you hurt yourself" and so on also subtracts from the counters. (I harvested 246 and have 238 on counters) and have hurt myself several times.

Edited by Raytray

Yep, looks like its badly broken. :) I'll investigate what can be done. Shout now if someone else is working on a fix.

So, there are two bugs. One I have fixed the other is more tricky.

1) "You found n coins." mini events adds the number of coins to whatever you are harvesting. I have fixed this and committed the change to CVS.

2) For of the new mini-events, the last harvest does not get counted. This is because the server is sending the inventory update message after the "You stopped harvesting" message. For the old events, the inventory update is sent before the "You stopped harvesting" message. I can not currently thing of a way to handle both cases reliably in the client. May be we could use some scheme that knew all the mini events and waited for one last inventory update but that would be a very fragile way to do it. A much better solution would be for the server to send the "You stopped harvesting" message after the the last harvest inventory update.

Entropy. Any chance the server could be changed to fix number 2?