Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
dipi

New Creature: Vampires

It was barely suggested in this post

http://www.eternal-lands.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=28774

[*]Creatures with magic spell effects as attacks; the Vampire with 'life drain'.

But the topic took other way.. :) so i think i can re-suggest it

I was thinking on small flying creatures that live inside caves, and maybe they get out during night (similar behavior of gargolies). They can only be attacked with ranging or ranged spells, they use Life Drain randomly to the players in the cave (affects harvesters for example).

If they use LD they should have a bit of mana.

Maybe if you want a hand-to-hand combat they could shapeshift to an humanoid form...

They shouldn't be to hard to kill because a lot of harvesters don't have high a/d.

This kind of monster will increase the number of deaths from afk harvester, and increase a bit the stopping while harvesting.

I know some people wont like this idea, and I dont know how difficult (if not impossible) to implement some details. It's only a suggestion, let me know how do you see it. :D

Dipi

Edited by dipi

The developers would need to make significant changes to the game to implement this idea as it stands. It would be easier to implement this if the vampires could be attacked with melee weapons, like we can attack birds now. They would also need to use ignore levels like other monsters instead of attacking players randomly.

If you really want vampires to attack players randomly, give them a very high ignore level so they don't ignore anyone. Alternatively, vampires could appear as a harvest event, similar to pulling a rat out of an outhouse.

Aside from that, I think this is a great idea for a new monster.

Originally I thought the leonard creature was going to be some sort of vampire.

(I have long hoped for minotaur and vampire p2p)

I like this idea, along with any other undead type creature, but the last time I asked:

I was told (paraphrased): "El will not have anymore undead monsters" (anymore implying skeletons

and phantoms are it) I had asked for z0mbies at that time :)

Lets hope perhaps things have changed since then, but maybe Radu is a little

burnt out on the whole Vlad Ţepeş thing.