Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Affliction

Confusion

I think it would be cool to have a confusion spell.

i thin it should have a level requirement a little higher than mana draining.

say a 30% chance for it to take affect when cast. the higher the lvl the better your percentage for it to take affect.

if it does take affect the victem would have a 50% chance to damage himself instead of the oponent.. for lets say 10 seconds.

sigils: Temporary, Destroy, Knowledge

Essences: 4 magic, 3 spirit

exp: 220

maybe if there were some way to only use it while in combat? but thats just a side thought..

#edit added time for confusion.

Edited by Affliction

dont we already have enough negative #$%^ alrdy?

well.. as a fighter i see it as a positive. something i would like to use as part of my stratagy..

Because it's a damaging spell I think at least the spirit essences should be replaced by death essences. maybe death and matter essences.

Huh, I've always preferred Dominate Person over Confusion personally... :P

Anyway, perhaps (in lieu of damaging themselves), they would not be able to attack for ~10-15 seconds? Or they could attack allies (like confusion does)?

Because it's a damaging spell I think at least the spirit essences should be replaced by death essences. maybe death and matter essences.

yea maybe the spirit could be changed to death. i just liked the thought of magic and spirit with it. but im not picky on which essence it uses.

Huh, I've always preferred Dominate Person over Confusion personally... :P

Anyway, perhaps (in lieu of damaging themselves), they would not be able to attack for ~10-15 seconds? Or they could attack allies (like confusion does)?

well i got this idea from other games i play. and in those games when you get confused its ~50/50 that you either hit yourself or your enemy. and confusion is not very long lived.. but like on other games i play. there is only a chance to confuse some one.. its not a guaranteed thing.. hence the smaller chance to actually confuse some one. but if you succeed. you are rewarded with the 50% chance your opponent damages himself.