Eternal Lands Official Forums
Zamorack

Um killed by a sword 50 feet up

I was on the Tansegaurd wall and killed by a mele monstor who was on the ground bellow me. It was very annoying. Can someone fix this?

It's a knows issue that EL is 2-dimensional as it relates to calculating how close actors are. That is, vertical height is not a part of the calculation. I'm not suggesting that it shouldn't be improved, but I would class it as an enhancement to the server/game (long-term) rather than a bug to be fixed (short -term).

It's kind to fix properly.. The thing is, some monsters are taller than others, and they could attack. For example a giant or a dragon.

The Goblin wasn't that tall lol (cut me some slack I was unarmored)

The Goblin wasn't that tall lol (cut me some slack I was unarmored)

As they have said, avatar height is NOT taken into account, height is not taken into account at all for combat with the current server design. This is NOT a bug, it is how it is designed currently.

I realize this is a little off-topic, but w.r.t. height not being a factor, if this is "fixed" would it also remove the ability to harvest high resources like the ruby in southwestern EVTR?

I realize this is a little off-topic, but w.r.t. height not being a factor, if this is "fixed" would it also remove the ability to harvest high resources like the ruby in southwestern EVTR?

That would depend on how it's fixed, but there is the chance that might happen.