Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Zamirah

Can it be repaired ?

With all the new players in game do I think, that it would be nice if the eye icon could tell if an item degrade and can be repaired, like we can see stats.

Players could check before they buy expensive items.

Forgive me if I am misunderstanding you but,

Eye <@> icon reports the name of the item, Like "Used Steel Two Edged Sword". Although

we say an item degrades, it really just becomes another item with lesser stats than the item it

was previously. So retrieving the name of a -normal- item and a -degraded- item is exactly the same.

Or... do you mean "an item can degrade to a lesser item and can be repaired at an npc" ? If this

is the case, isn't this really something for the encyclopedia instead of sent by the server?

I think she means your 2nd' option robotbob, where you can use "eye" icon in trade and see if the item is degraded/degradable

My 2nd option is such information should be stored in the encyclopedia.

[in regards to degraded]

See, an item doesn't really degrade, it becomes another item, "Steel Two Edged Sword" becomes "Used Steel Two Edged Sword"

its another item with different stats. The game does not have unique item ids (if so, a durability system would be in place), so

the way the eye icon works, is exactly the same for a normal or degraded\changed item.

[in regards to degradable]

Eye icon reports:

"Used Steel Two Edged Sword" Or "Steel Two Edged Sword" exactly the same. (reports the items name)

Now if this is what she meant "Steel Two Edged Sword - this item can degrade into Used Steel Two Edged Sword

repairable at: Tankel" really is something for the encyclopedia.

I mean, if you buy an item, let's say iron plate, would you maybe want to know if it can be repaired or if it puff.

New players have no clue.

And they might want to know before it just is lost.

Some people buy to look nice :pirate:

Well they can't be THAT new if they are buying iron plate, so should know about the encyclopedia.

And wouldn't it make more sense to see that information ahead of time in the encyclopedia than only on the item? It would be hard work to conveniently find somebody wearing it when you want the information, if that is what you mean by using the eye icon (such as "You see iron plate armour with blah blah blah stats and repairablility").

And if you mean in the trade window, kind of last minute to get the stats after getting somebody all excited to make a sale/trade then saying "oh nevermind, no thanks".

So then it could be in the Encyc at least?

Who knows, it's just a suggestion. Just because it's suggested and people offer what they think are improvements to that suggestion doesn't mean it will go ingame. That nobody will know until it happens when it happens (if it happens). Surprise! (or not :pirate: )

Or they can just ask the question on channel 1 (for lower level items) or 2 as well, there's always someone who will answer such simple questions.

Too much information in the encyclopedia, and some new players could get confused on the amount of text and be afraid of looking up what they need there.

Or they can just ask the question on channel 1 (for lower level items) or 2 as well, there's always someone who will answer such simple questions.

Too much information in the encyclopedia, and some new players could get confused on the amount of text and be afraid of looking up what they need there.

If it was well enough organized with this information, the encyc would be perfect for this.