Eternal Lands Official Forums
korrode

The Desert Pines ND Arenas Showdown

2easy4me2play :<

i woulda pwnt that contest 1y ago :blush:

Edited by Peach

say some1 hits me with a scythe and it provides that 150 damage and i die from it does this meen im out of the competition?

If it happens once, no, 1 death doesn't put you out of the tournament... but 2 deaths does.

Yes, just as if your restore fails, or your sword breaks, or your opponent rolls crit-dmg and gets a mirror at just the right time.

As i said, the game offers a defence against that 150 dmg hit. So long as you're quick you can have that defence equipped within say 2 attempted hits from you opponent, even if those 2 attempted hits are successful the chances of them scoring 150 damage are extremely low. That very low chance is the benefit they get for owning a scythe... it's not a BoD where with 2 successful hit they'd have a 12% chance to score 150 dmg, that i would agree leaves too much to chance, but 2 scored hits with scythe is only a 2% chance.

If you believe it offers such an advantage, you've got a few days to obtain one yourself.

Edited by Korrode

ye well dont think those who you will fight against will go soft on you because it is a "noob competition" :blush:

why u so confident i will loose ? if anything it will be me going soft on them ............... come to watch on the night :blush:

and can u add me to the list please korrode?:wub:

Just one more slot left in each tournament!

...ofc after that there's still backup slots, of which a couple of will probably end up in the tournament. (i've never had every signed up competitor show up in my entire history of running PK events ;p)

2. Attack and Defense Potions, and Attack and Defense Reduction Potions, are NOT allowed. All other potions ARE allowed.

Your a/d must stay in a state that means you can attack in the arena for the duration of the fight.

was just wondering if by this u mean NO attack & defense pots. or no using attack & defense pots to get your attack or defense skill over the allowed 120s a/d combined rule?

2. Attack and Defense Potions, and Attack and Defense Reduction Potions, are NOT allowed. All other potions ARE allowed.

Your a/d must stay in a state that means you can attack in the arena for the duration of the fight.

was just wondering if by this u mean NO attack & defense pots. or no using attack & defense pots to get your attack or defense skill over the allowed 120s a/d combined rule?

I think Korr made it quite clear that a/d pots aren't allowed.

40 a/d tournament has 8 competitors!

But dont hesitate to sign up as a backup if you want to compete.

Still one more slot for 60 a/d tournament.

One last question: is trading with spectators during matches allowed? Its not specifically mentioned.

During matches; no.

For the period of each battle, there's to be no outside intervention, it's just 2 players and whatever they have in their inv.

I'll come and watch as a backup.

For which tournament?

Edited by Korrode

Ok great, both tournaments have full line-up's and the <60 a/d one has 1 backup.

Dont hesitate to sign up as a backup, as i said earlier, i've never had every person who signed up show up in the day in my history of running events, so most likely at least the first one or two backups will compete :(

<40 a/d Round 1 Line-up:

fight 1: MrFrodo vs Yethq

fight 2: Error vs Peeves

fight 3: ShaGraTh vs jnd

fight 4: ninjalotus vs sirorick

<60 a/d Round 1 Line-up:

fight 1: Lidda vs Wynn

fight 2: madz vs Bones

fight 3: Tigerclaw vs Tokie

fight 4: drty vs Maitreya

Edited by Korrode

I'd reeeally like some more backups, considering already the 2 <40 backups are needed.

Please people, tell your friends who're appropriate a/d... remember the arena's are no drops, brod not allowed, nothing to lose :pickaxe:

Bigkav will be doing the 'attack-tests' at the start of each fight, some wWw members will be helping ensure spectators are not sitting on the entry side of the arenas, spectators please follow any directions they give. :pickaxe: