Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Gilrain

fixing times for awarded special hours

i'd like to propose the following:

Sometimes we get an award like '2 hours SunTzu' for completing certain tasks like cleaning invasions.

Then it depends on your luck and your timezone, if you can participate in that special hours or not, that problem has been discussed already at length. It also depends on the time radu is available, because those things are triggered manually afaik.

Now maybe we can define some (3) time windows, where those rewards are preferrably triggered.

For example: for the american players (GMT-4 til GMT-7) good time might be 13-15 GMT,

for european its more 21-23 GMT

and for australian (GMT+9) maybe 5-7 GMT

assuming that people could play on evenings the best.

(all numbers negotiable ofc)

So if we just agree on some time-windows, then radu would still be flexible since he can still choose the day of the reward (or delegate if possible). For the players they'd have the advantage that they'd only need to check usual gaming hours to profit from those rewards.

And i am not talking of splitting the rewarded hours here! Just chosing one of the time windows instead of triggering it 'randomly'.

Ofcourse it would be nice, if in the end those rewards would be distributed a bit amongst the different zones, but thats not the main point of my suggestion.

regards,

@Aislinn: i searched all the words of my title and didnt find this proposal so far :fire:

Both marking awarded special days, invasions, events and contests (as much as possible) in the calendar, and also spreading these evenly across time zones have been suggested countless times in various forms, both in here and in channel 6. Thanks for posting though, as they say "gutta cavat lapidem ..." :fire:

or dont have it depend on timezones at all, but bind the rewards to a character.

so that everyone has a 2 hours sun tzu or whatever the reward is no matter what timezone they live in