Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Ozmondius

Choice of Video Card

Hi, I'm getting a new laptop. The card that comes stock is NVIDIA® Quadro FX 1600M 512MB TurboCache (256MB discrete). Have there been any issues with this card or will it work nicely with EL? I have the option to upgrade to NVIDIA Quadro ® FX 3600M 512MB but at a cost of $500. If I can use the stock ok with EL, I will go with it.

Thank you for your advice.

An FX1600 should run EL quite well actually. It is comparable to a Geforce 8600. Sure, it's not the latest and greatest, but it is still a quality video chip.

Here's a link to the specs- http://www.nvidia.com/page/quadrofx_go.html

IMHO, if you don't play other games that have higher graphics demands, the $500 for the upgraded graphics would be a waste.

Just my 2 cents

Guest Trojan_Knight
EL should run ok (not awesome) on the stock chip, perhaps keep away from PK'ing while on laptop tho...

? I play on lap top.. And the issue isnt my lap top.. But rather at times my signal strength for my wireless net that I use from time to time..

NVidia 8700 M GT for starters.. So see.. I got toys in muh lap top :P Idk if its still as great as it once was.. But I know it still plays ALL games great.. And psst, its a lap top. :P

In my experiance its usually better to go with the best you can afford to get with out breaking the bank, esp when it comes to graphics. Had a few times ive gone and got a cheaper option only to find myself regretting it in a short period of time.

Still as long as the option you go for does what you want it to do then there is no harm.

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this