Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
the_grud

no indicator graphics in inventory or storage

As title.

No indicators graphics in inventory/storage or encyclopedia only black space.

When i click on where indicators are in inventory/store it shows the number of indicators I have.

I have fully up to date drivers and have re-installed game I am runnining windows xp..

Help please

this is screenshot and items20.bmp in EL folder, as you can see indicator graphics are in items20.bmp.

elscreenshot.PNG

items20.PNG

The_grud

Edited by the_grud

By any chance, do you have an old installation of EL somewhere?

If it's the case, look at the data directory in the misc options and see if it's pointing to the right place. If not, just change it.

If you have two clients installed and if one is older than the other, so yes it can be the problem.

Have you looked at the "data directory" field in the misc options tab like I said?

If not, then look at it and modify it if it's not pointing to the directory where you've installed the client.

I have completely deleted all el files

Reinstalled game from el homepage then reinstalled rc2...

Have same problem no indicator graphics!!!

HELP!!!!! LOL

The grud

Are you lacking reading abilities?

I didn't tell you to reinstall the game, I told you 2 times to look at the "data directory" field in your options and this is because there is a reason, it's not just for the "fun".

So I would gladly help you but if you don't want to do what you were asked to do then good luck fixing the problem by your own because I have more important things to do than speaking to a wall...

Are you lacking reading abilities?

I didn't tell you to reinstall the game, I told you 2 times to look at the "data directory" field in your options and this is because there is a reason, it's not just for the "fun".

So I would gladly help you but if you don't want to do what you were asked to do then good luck fixing the problem by your own because I have more important things to do than speaking to a wall...

:rolleyes: For some players on Eternal-Lands. Do not know how to work with the "Data directory" it would be better for them to just uninstall Eternal-lands and reinstall the game. For them to search in EL data directory. Could cause more problem with El client they are running. To fix the problem(s) not everyone is great with computers. Myself do not like to miss with the data directory. Let show little bit of respect to other player(s) when they are asking for help.

Lately , I been seen other defense words. On the help section. Is very sad have other player call somone basicly lacking reading abilities. I believe this player forgot what is section is about.

Sincerely,

Agrilles

I'm sorry if I was a bit harsh. Though, I supposed that someone who was able to find an image in the directory where is installed EL was also able to check a path in the options window... And I asked my question twice and didn't have any answer so it's a bit frustrating when you try to help someone by giving him simple instructions and that he doesn't even bother answer you questions... no?

About the data directory, it is saved in you personal settings so if you uninstall the game and reinstall it, the settings will always be the same (it's like that on linux, my apologies if it's not the case on windows), so it's worthless to uninstall/reinstall it countless times because it'll never change anything (the proof is that it's what did this person and it didn't change anything).

Anyway, I've spoken to the_grud ingame and he told me that he'll wait his son to try to look at the problem. So now, if the problem isn't still fixed, I'm still ready to help.

BTW, I can also understand that someone is not a computer guru and don't understand what I ask. But in this case, why not just tell it instead of not answering to a simple question?

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this