Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
XaRondas

New cape?

I have read my posts about how some rare great swords or some rings may affect pkers and give a strong advantage to the opponent

so here is a suggestion , that imho might help but also gives some disadvantages ( we can t have it all )

Cape of .............. (u pick ;) )

ings: warlocks cloak + cotu + 20 red fabrics + 20 yellow fabrics+ 10 threads + EME

tailoring level : ........ (u pick :whistle: )

wearing the cape will need human nexus :2

This cape will protect u from brod, bod, rare great swords effects, mmd etc

but wearing it u will have a penalti of -4 human nexus (so old school pk)

it can be destroyed during combat

So what do u think?

Penalty is not that great of one because some one could get a really high human and just subtract 4 so they could use better weapons

So Cape+200 hydro bars = free protection ?

Its a suggestion so u may add , agree , disagree etc

This cape can be destroyed during combat so what i was thinking is that 200bars for human nexus 10 or 11 would be a great cost since imho most pkers have human nexus 7

Just change that to:

You can wear maximum 4 human nexus required stuff with this cape.

-Kad

So basically, you've taken a half-baked turkey out of the oven, dressed it up, and attempted to pass it off for dinner? :P

What your suggestion is a CotU cape with more ability. NMT or CotU, and bronze if you want to resist the magic-attributes. Choose between them, this would remove that strategy from PK.

Edited by Aphistolas

would make PKing too dull.

I disagree, PK'ing, to me at least, is more exciting when there is no strategy i can pick that will massively overpower my opponent, and they cannot do the same to me... so much more intricate strategy is needed and the fight is longer.

But that's just me, ur the boss :D

thats way over-powered for the ings...do you know how much a warlocks cape costs at the moment?

In case u refer to me

the price depends imho from

1 Availability (how many )

2 How often does "the item" break

3 How hard is it, to make "the item"

if the cape i suggest, had a 1/5000 chance to break and also needed a level 70 of tailoring, do u think u would pay only for its ings?

cause i was thinking of a 1/200 chance to break and 30 tailoring level (something like bronze sword) powerfull but easy to brake

Edited by draugluin1

What I was saying is, it's a choice what cape you use during PK fights. If you have a cape that basically does all the work for you (read: no need for changing capes as often), it would make it less a contest of skill, more just random numbers, in my opinion...

Moreover, wouldn't this be kind of useless? I mean, -4 penalty wouldn't be that much, but assuming you have insufficient human nexus so it's 'old school', couldn't some other person in black dragon / CoL / titanium thermal just come along and hand your ass to you?