Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Thyralax

The Winter Wind!

Rejoice the summoner has been defeated by skill, bravery and determination. From the searching and "ahem" looting of his deathbag we have found evidence that the foul man was but a mere servant of a greater evil.

A letter found in the summoners notes

My loyal servant i shall mask your servants with my breath as you request, it is the time for us to strike out agaisnt the warm bloods, but remember whilst you direct my Yeti and chimerans they are MY MINIONS and follow my absolute authority, forget not why i have sent you to this place and spared your life, find that which i seek or i shall see that you become a frozen piece of ornamentation in my courtyard like your mentor!

This letter is most disturbing, but at least it seems thier plan failed. We shall remain ever vigilant incase the frozen chill of this fog rises again and we will be prepared next time!

The invasion sure was fun to be in.

Thanks for your hard work, Thy and I'm waiting for the next chapter of this story.

Our Sages are studying the strange device, whilst it appears to be an egg it is made of stone and encrusted in a layer of black ice, when heated it seems to thaw and rattle, we intend to keep it cold as we research further.

Of other interest is the reports we have recieved regarding the dragons seen during the invasion, whilst they are identicle to others, our guards report seeing a white haired elven woman standing at the exact spot they emerged from. She was calling out to them as if ordering them into the fray. this is most disturbing, the same even woman was seen by myself in kasamura just as i was teleporting to the portals rooms.

If anyone has any infomation regarding this woman we would like to know. As all the infomation we can get is useful in getting to the bottom of this.

would be nice if someone would write the events in the calendar, weeked invasions included. ty :)

Disturbing news. We have lost contact with the team researching the strange egg deep with in the glacmor academies vaults.

All we have to work with is the research they have conducted thus far and the diary of the chief researcher on the project.

The device is 12 1/2 inches in height with a diameter of half of that, it does appear to be some sort of fossilised egg, initial investigation indicated that the device was chillingly cold, however, we can dismiss this, as the device seems to be extremely warm beneath the ice, as if it sucks chill from around it, in a warm environment like kasamura's jungle heat it was almost dormant with nothing to fuel it's self, however in the colder environment such as glacmor it has been steadily getting warmer. Most disturbing is the voices certain researchers have been hearing whilst working in the vault, as if the device was calling to someone or something, the longer it has been here the louder these psychic whispers have become.

We found a research sat cradling the egg running around him was a pack of fluffy rabbits. Fortunately several brave souls dispatched the beasts, once the egg was wrestled from the poor researcher he awoke unaware of the events that lead up to the incident. We have taken to researching in pairs with armed guards present at all times now as a precaution.

The incident has provided us with an insight into the eggs use it appears to be some sort of summoning stone, we have started testing its abilities and have so far managed to produce rabbit’s wolves and even a bear with it. It seems that the device can bring forth almost any creature desired. We shall step up our research and attempt to summon an intelligent beast on the 16th day in the month of Aluwia.

I fear that the team have met with a dire end, as disturbing is news that an army is moving up from the south as if moving straight for the academy!

I believe they may reach us with in a few hours... be prepared.

Well once more we have stood on the brink of war and emerged victorious.

It is done and the dragon the device spawned is defeated thansk to Grael, gohan Toomass and countless other brave warriors who laid down thier lives to end the threat. Congratulations to everyone.

However we have heard of several sightings of this elven lady, leaving glacmor via the portals and within her hands is a device that some say look like the remains of the shattered artifact.

We still have no infomation on who she is or where she is going, However the threat is over, the winter wind is calm once more, and Irilion seems safe for now.

Congratulations every one who participated, comiserations to those who fell and thank you all for participating :whistle:

As always your comments and suggestions are allways appreciated.

Edited by Thyralax

This was great fun! A nice amount of medium level creatures so that more people could participate for a bit longer, and even quite a lot of weaker creatures.

Thanks for doing this.. can't wait till the next one! :whistle:

This was great fun! A nice amount of medium level creatures so that more people could participate for a bit longer, and even quite a lot of weaker creatures.

I second that! This was the first invasion in which I actually felt useful. The plethora of easier creatures invading Irinveron made it a lot of fun. My only regret is having to flee when the chimerans came out to play.

Definitely the best invasion I have ever chance to participate. The waves of trolls/ogres/bears in Irin were awesome, then a number of various creatures spread across Glac even better. Trass was a nightmare at the start, but oh well ... I'm sure stronger players have enjoyed it as well. Many thanks for great fun!