Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Guest_jeremy_*

Eternel lands client has encountered a problem and needs to close

Guest Guest_jeremy_*

so i downloaded the game and c;icked on it opened loaded i selected new character i read some rules and contions then clicked accept then it says "Eternel lands client has encountered a problem and needs to close"

Can you give systems specs:

are you using windows, mac or Linux and which flavor (e.g. Windows Vista)

What video card (update the drivers if you can).

Try disabling a few options before you log on or make a new character:

In the logon window click ctrl+o, this should open the options window. If you dont see it, use alt+w to toggle the windows on top.

In the Audio tab (2nd tab) make sure sound and music are not enabled

In the 'Details' tab make sure 'poor man' is selected, this should be the only thing selected under that tab.

Now try again to log on/create character.

Guest Guest

well not sure on system spec but my computer can run guildwars so... i think my pc isnt the problem im running windows xp

Guest max
well not sure on system spec but my computer can run guildwars so... i think my pc isnt the problem im running windows xp

i am having the same issue i could run the old version but the new version just keeps having an error while it loads but before the login screen it encounters the error please help i miss this game much

Guest Guest

it hapen to me. i need help i am using windows and my video card i am pretty sure is 32mg

Guest Guest

this also happens to me. my system

p4 3.0 HT

2gb ram

300gb hd

radeon 9550

windows vista home basic sp1

i had this forum open when it crashed.

Make sure you have the latest drivers for that video card (don't assume you have them, go and check)

And while I am here, I can't run EL on my T23 Laptop (S3 Supersavage onboard video shitz0r) Latest drivers on (circa 2003) worked up until 1.4 or so of EL

Am I out of luck on that machine? (I get the Windows has encountered a problem and needs to close thing after entering name and pass and hitting enter)

S.

Guest onyxthedog
Make sure you have the latest drivers for that video card (don't assume you have them, go and check)

And while I am here, I can't run EL on my T23 Laptop (S3 Supersavage onboard video shitz0r) Latest drivers on (circa 2003) worked up until 1.4 or so of EL

Am I out of luck on that machine? (I get the Windows has encountered a problem and needs to close thing after entering name and pass and hitting enter)

S.

I am having that same problem. I am not sure of the exact system specs of my new computer, but it should have relatively decent hardware. I know this much, I got it for Christmas of '07, it is an IBM, has somewhere between 700mb-1gb of RAM (soon to be more) and it has an Intel Pentium 4 processor. It runs Guildwars, WoW decently, and Runescape (heh, I know that is not saying much). I am running Windows XP, but will probably soon be using a dual boot with Ubuntu "Hardy Heron" as my main operating system, of course WINE will be used somewhat often for some games and such. Should I just wait to try it on Ubuntu?

I used to have a similar problem to the one faced by the users who crash immediately after logging in (or upon entering the character creation screen). I went into the el.ini file and manually set poorman=1, and managed to get in just fine. It seems that the 'default' settings were too much for my video card. After that, everything has worked fine when I use it on my PC (see specs below).

Guest onyxthedog

I tried the Windows version on Ubuntu Linux with WINE and it worked without configuring anything. Which is very odd considering if you look at my last post it would not on Windows. Odd.

I tried the Windows version on Ubuntu Linux with WINE and it worked without configuring anything. Which is very odd considering if you look at my last post it would not on Windows. Odd.

Most crashes like this are caused by bugs in the video drivers. Under Wine you are using different video drivers (those that interface to Linux).

Guest Ugly Beetle
it says "Eternel lands client has encountered a problem and needs to close"

I got this message before the game even loaded, I have an asus a6r laptop, with the latest drivers, my

graphics is ATI RS300MB and I run XP with a 1.7 GHz processor :D

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this