Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Entropy

New server bug reports!

No, he was just standing there. Im sorry Ive just never come across one that wasnt in his ball when day was out.

Right click on a pickaxe :

Pickaxe - used for minning various ore.

Isn't that poetic english for loving various ore ?

Should be --> mining

#research command :

......... ETA 1 minutes

If (ETA > 1 minute)

{

minutes

}

else

{

minute

}

Description of the read books :

1. Metal mining descr not complete

2. Iron bars descr should also have the use of coal added, OR it should be removed from the steel bars descr.

3. Shields construction : varios -> various

Scrolling up/down in the list of read books cannot be done with large jumps, only the arrows work for navigation.

If the book description is longer than the window space for the display, we don't get a scroll bar to see the rest of the text: see the metallurgy description.

Crystal technology typo: "gems stones" instead of "gemstones"

Same typo in Crystal mining.

-----------------------------------------------

Quarter staff is still spelled incorrectly in its description.

=======================

Visual inconsistancy:

The potion of defence vial is the old vial, not the new shape. So is the minor mana potion and minor healing. Not sure if this is a deliberate inconsistancy or ?

i cant be bothered reading 12 pages of bugs which have most likely been fixed already so my apologies if this has been posted already.

fighting seems too easy now, in the old server you fought monsters based on your defence attack and combat level (mostly just defence tho). in the new server you fight monsters based almost entirely on your physique, i can kill goblins being 12/13 because i have 26 physique which i easily got from negative perks and harvesting, if i did some alchemy which is pretty easy i would have really high physique like 40+ and would only need to spend about 4 pick points to be able to do it.

[edited by entropy] bitching removed

Actually, you won't level up really fast that way. You'll kill higher level monsters, but your exp will suck. You'll get hit a lot (which you might not notice with all the HP you have), so little defense exp. Also, if you're so strong that you kill something quickly, you get little attack exp.

Not to mention that people might want to invest their pick points in other things as well, and getting negative perks SUCKS.

And since this is by no means a finished game (there will be many new monsters) that doesn't really matter. Most of the fun is fighting against humans not against monsters.

no no what im saying is you can fight monsters that would normally kill you so you get like 200+ exp per hit, i leveld up from killing one goblin and if i go try some more i will level up again, then when i reach the point that i would be fighting them on the old server i will be able to progress to harder monsters, not even including the fact that by then i will have even more physique so i can go to even higher monsters, i will eventually reach the point where i can just skip certain monster types because i have so much toughness which absorbs damage and so much life.

but my point is we now fight based on physique level and we can increase that from other skills really really easily and power through the fighting levels in like half the time that an old server character took. and since ent thinks it will be harder i think he should know that it will be way easier

Guess what, it was the same on the old server, the formula is pretty much the same, with some exceptions (but the chance to calculate the hit and damage when one to one, no armors, no weapons is unchanged).

If you think that you found the way to level up, then great, do it that way, and let's see how far you get with only brute force.

Real sorry if this has been mentioned, but....

I went to trade with someone and I put in the first thing and it was on the wrong side, saying he put it in.

I then put a different item in and that went to my side as it was supposed to.

I put a third thing in and it went to the wrong side once again, but the strange thing is that it changed everything that was already on that side into the item i had just put there.

i guess tats just the old bug when you drink a potion at a low lvl.. you dont actually have more HP than anyone else, it just looks that way, try to fight something and it will go back to normal.

After finishing a book the progressbar remains together with the text what you are (=were) researching.

Should be removed, or replaced with something like : not researching anything

This is not really a bug:

If i open the manufacture window and i right-click on an item which has a big description (like iron chain mail), it won't fit in the 3 line space available (4 needed).

Potion making - failures - I have level 4 potions, food level=33:

Bought 5 wine to mate with sunflowers and vials. results:

1. successfully made 1 potion

2. fail - items lost

3. fail - items lost

4. success

5. fail -items lost

Something is very wrong here. Recommended level=2.

I haven't seen a definition of 'recommended level' , but with 2 levels above recommended, i certainly shouldn't have any losses!

I'm researching Iron Mining, and when I type #research it says I'm researching Iron Mining. However, in the research window it says I'm doing Silver Mining.

However, in both places the points required says 2000, which is correct for iron but not for silver.

Lol this is a funny bug. Me and person2 found a bag in kf that was empty. Shouldnt the bag disappear, but it doesnt. Im not sure what caused this, but it is still there currently.

i dont know if entropy coded the descruction part of the code with a dropping chance, in fact i dont know at all how he coded it so...

what you can do is go back and do it again and see if the same thing happens. if it does then we have a problem, if not then it was just you haveing a bad day (thats the funny thing about statistics, they say X% but it may be spread even or focused to one end of the timescale)...

I just gained an alchemy level. The next level information hasn't yet been updated - its shows Alchemy: 25/25 [98824/98780]

I think I saw this happen with one of the other stats too, but I missed reporting it.