Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Alddra

IP ban

Hello,

I don't know how to avoid my ip from doing "very nasty things". My server disconnected from the internet and it seems to do something to your client. I have had this problem before and applied to get whitelisted. Now since the new 1.6.0 client, it seems I am getting the same problem again. I would appreciate you letting me know how I can avoid getting banned for something my ip does???

My ingame name is Alddra.

sorry for posting here but just to clarify

your IP address is a number that your internet provider gives you automatically everytime you connect to the internet, to identificate you. The message probably says that you've done something nasty and that your IP is banned.

this can mean that 1) you've broken the rules and got banned or 2) some other guy close to you did something nasty and ur falling into the banned range.

hope i could help.

Your IP is dynamic, which means your ISP assigns you different IP's when you log on. What is happening is you have been trying to log on from a banned IP range caused by a former troublemaker.

I whitelisted your character Alddra. You will sometimes still see the banned message, just ignore it and log on as usual.