Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Aphistolas

Item/possibly creature counter.

Hello all,

A few months back, during an economy-debate on this forum, Entropy posted the total number of gold coins in game at that moment. I think (purely for the site's amenities) it would be cool to have a list of some items in game. Gold, enriched essences, extremely rare armours, etc.

I'm not sure if this would be a hassle to produce, but if it could be done it would be very interesting to see what's actually in the game. LabRat tells me it would be something of an issue if the page were updated daily, or weekly, so I suggest it should only be updated every month/two months. The information would still be somewhat reliable, as I imagine the number of gold coins/rare armours or swords doesn't fluctuate that much.

For layout, I'd visualise it as something similiar to the stats page, i.e. :

• Number of gold coins in game (as of 19/4/2008, main server)

• Number of Thermal Titanium Serpent Swords in game (as of 19/4/2008, main server)

• Number of No More Tears cloaks in game (as of 19/4/2008, main server)

The items displayed would have to be decided (down to public vote, maybe?), but I think the 'rare' or really expensive items in-game should be counted (Just how many steel cusses of mana-drain are there, anyway? :omg: )

It would be neat if the page report if there were any invasion creatures (not how strong they were, or even what they were) just the number, like using the #il command in-game.

(Edit: Typos.)

Thanks for reading,

Aphistolas.

Edited by Aphistolas

Not a bad idea, but I'd like a chart to see if the money is raising or lowering, etc, and compare the weeks/monthes.

That would be a cool addition, but I think it would actually require one of the administrators/developers to create and maintain the charts.

Off-topic: You could do this in about five minutes if you have the data and Microsoft Excel :omg:

For layout, I'd visualise it as something similiar to the stats page, i.e. :

• Number of gold coins in game (as of 19/4/2008, main server)

7/4/2008: 384.574.915 gc :ph34r:

Btw, I agree to have some macroeconomic info.

I found this statistics quite useless, unless it would be averaged on player numbers. So we can see, how many gold coins and expensive stuff an average player (should) have. Large sums of numbers do not tell a thing to mere players.

I found this statistics quite useless, unless it would be averaged on player numbers. So we can see, how many gold coins and expensive stuff an average player (should) have. Large sums of numbers do not tell a thing to mere players.

Player A 200 efe

Player B 10 efe

Player C 1 efe

Average 70... interesting like top guilds

I think is more interesting to see the whole mouvement (weekly or monthly) even if some item don't move.

It's not meant to be an extremely-useful resource. Merely for entertainment purposes. Also, that would be hard to do, as there are many, many more players who have cheap or mid-level gear, than players who have high-end gear. And, they do actually, you just have to know what to do with them :ph34r:

No, then people would set their prices artificially, not by the suply and demand laws.

I'm not quite sure I understand your post, but would the prices really change if only the # of certain items in game were made public? Would a thermal serpent sell for less, simply because 100 other players (out of thousands) have them?