Eternal Lands Official Forums
sywren

Gossip: the best underused resource on the server

I absolutely love that we don't have trade bots on this server, but I'd love to see a better system in place for buying/selling items.

If I told Gossip what I'm selling, and then someone asked her who was selling _____, could she then give them my name?

Example:

I tell Gossip this:

/Gossip sell health essences, leather boots, book of special swords

Then someone else asks Gossip this:

/Gossip buy leather boots

Pm from Gossip:

/playerX I heard SyWren, PlayerExample1, PlayerExample2 are selling leather boots.

If PlayerX is on my NoTrade list, either my name won't show up, or PlayerX gets a snarky Gossip message about someone selling them, but not to you.

Also, perhaps there could be a "total items" command where she tells you everything that I have for sale.

Just an idea!

I absolutely love that we don't have trade bots on this server, but I'd love to see a better system in place for buying/selling items.

If I told Gossip what I'm selling, and then someone asked her who was selling _____, could she then give them my name?

Example:

I tell Gossip this:

/Gossip sell health essences, leather boots, book of special swords

Then someone else asks Gossip this:

/Gossip buy leather boots

Pm from Gossip:

/playerX I heard SyWren, PlayerExample1, PlayerExample2 are selling leather boots.

If PlayerX is on my NoTrade list, either my name won't show up, or PlayerX gets a snarky Gossip message about someone selling them, but not to you.

Also, perhaps there could be a "total items" command where she tells you everything that I have for sale.

Just an idea!

That would be considered adding trade bot functionality and majoe new features to an approved bot. Entropy would have to approve it, and if it was approved then others would be trying to get trade bots on the PK server.

It is a good idea, but I dont think gossips owner would be intrested in implementing it, perhaps Usl with RRasia bot could be used as it is already programed to listen to market channel for players buying and selling?