Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Aphistolas

Holy Freaking Hell

:huh:

If i said what i truly thought of those effects from those arrows i'd probably get banned from the forum...

Hows about lowering it to like 0.7%?

I mean, i assume those arrows will all do big damage unless people use the right armor combos against them anyways? isn't that enough?

(i.e. drag arm against fire arrows... ti greaves+cuisses+fur cape against ice arrows... bronze arm+warlock cloak against magic arrows)

The arrows just doing big dmg if you're not wearing the right armor combo makes them good enough as it is, and allows for a lot of strategic option on the side of both the archer and their opponent.

I know ranged weapons is the new big thing and we're trying to make it good and cool so people will want to do it, but lets not go overboard and end up making it way too powerful eh?

Now i'm sure it'll be pointed out to me that i have no idea what Ent's grand plan is and i haven't accounted for how easy people are gonna be to hit and how Ent time and time again has proven that his ideas that people are initially against turn out to be good (with a couple of exceptions :P), etc. etc... but i'm just making some points, consider them, disregard them completely, whatever.

:P

If i said what i truly thought of those effects from those arrows i'd probably get banned from the forum...

Hows about lowering it to like 0.7%?

I mean, i assume those arrows will all do big damage unless people use the right armor combos against them anyways? isn't that enough?

(i.e. drag arm against fire arrows... ti greaves+cuisses+fur cape against ice arrows... bronze arm+warlock cloak against magic arrows)

The arrows just doing big dmg if you're not wearing the right armor combo makes them good enough as it is, and allows for a lot of strategic option on the side of both the archer and their opponent.

I know ranged weapons is the new big thing and we're trying to make it good and cool so people will want to do it, but lets not go overboard and end up making it way too powerful eh?

Now i'm sure it'll be pointed out to me that i have no idea what Ent's grand plan is and i haven't accounted for how easy people are gonna be to hit and how Ent time and time again has proven that his ideas that people are initially against turn out to be good (with a couple of exceptions :P), etc. etc... but i'm just making some points, consider them, disregard them completely, whatever.

You don't know the arrow prices, they might require enriched essences to make or something :huh:

Most likely enriched ess + some stuff = 10 or other amount of arrows

and then every 50 a/d newbie can mana deplete high lvls, means KF will never be used again :huh:

anyway in the end its ent choice for sure. just poiting out what negative sites those magic effects on arrows have for the just growing PK action that we are happy about (the pkers).

EDIT: i think some people dont know how much mana deplete or a cooldown changes a fight. if anyone wants to find out im glad to show you somewhere (maybe on testserver since no1 cares about lost rostos?)

Edited by Tempest

and then every 50 a/d newbie can mana deplete high lvls, means KF will never be used again :huh:

Some noob who started yesterday and has 50 a/d can kill people by summoning dragon if he has the 80 summoning or something like that. That means KF isn't used even today, right?

Do you really think they could hit you with 0 ranging enough times to deplete unless you are afk?

Taken from the arrow testing thread

No problems atm with the new arrows/bows.. the differance in attack speed and accuracy seems to be working well.

The only problem I can see is that they are to powerful (as in the damage they do), and the chance to mana deplete is way to high

IMO the % chance for a special ability to occur shouldnt be any higher than it is for the equivalent sword that does the same (but that is based on not knowing the cost of the arrows).

1. You didn't see their price yet.

2. The chance of mana deplete is indeed high, I forgot to put it to normal after my private tests.(it was 70% at the time,when it should be 7%)

I did voice my concerns in the arrow testing thread, and Ent was good enough to answer, I still believe the % chance to cooldown etc shouldnt be no more than the swords, but until I see the final specs for the bolts ( arrows dont have special powers iirc) I have every faith that Ent knows what he is doing.

ie:

The crossbow and special bolts might be extremly expensive ( 5-10k ish each for a one shot bolt that isnt guaranteed to hit)

Lets not forget Ent isnt afraid to change things after the fact, and im sure if the final bolts turn out to be to powerful/killing pk he will make adjustments as needed .

Edited by conavar

and then every 50 a/d newbie can mana deplete high lvls, means KF will never be used again :P

Some noob who started yesterday and has 50 a/d can kill people by summoning dragon if he has the 80 summoning or something like that. That means KF isn't used even today, right?

Do you really think they could hit you with 0 ranging enough times to deplete unless you are afk?

i said KF cause if 1 person with the same a/d like you attacks you, and then some newb comes with a bolt ur dead, no matter what happens you will surely be dead if he uses c/d bolts. but i think your posting so much nonsense in forums that you dont even know they'r wearable while fighting. u dont need to shoot with them to deplete, u only need to wear them while fighting your opponent so u dont need any ranging lvl, unless for a dragon where u need 80kgc ingredents + lvl 80 + saving stone + nexus. clear?

No problems atm with the new arrows/bows.. the differance in attack speed and accuracy seems to be working well.

The only problem I can see is that they are to powerful (as in the damage they do), and the chance to mana deplete is way to high

IMO the % chance for a special ability to occur shouldnt be any higher than it is for the equivalent sword that does the same (but that is based on not knowing the cost of the arrows).

1. You didn't see their price yet.

2. The chance of mana deplete is indeed high, I forgot to put it to normal after my private tests.(it was 70% at the time,when it should be 7%)

I did voice my concerns in the arrow testing thread, and Ent was good enough to answer, I still believe the % chance to cooldown etc shouldnt be no more than the swords, but until I see the final specs for the bolts ( arrows dont have special powers iirc) I have every faith that Ent knows what he is doing.

ie:

The crossbow and special bolts might be extremly expensive ( 5-10k ish each for a one shot bolt that isnt guaranteed to hit)

Lets not forget Ent isnt afraid to change things after the fact, and im sure if the final bolts turn out to be to powerful/killing pk he will make adjustments as needed .

k indeed thats right. just wanted to post my oppinion about them since i didnt rly know if ent realized this. but as i saw it was just me who didnt read the topic where he said those 2 points yet :huh: thanks for clearing that up for me.

When there are 5 archers , with highend bolts. Work togetter and use tacktics.

They will blow those PK- Gods to dust.

I can believe those Gods are scared to lose there position on PK- ground.

And that would make PK-maps more active than ever.

So endless a/d training wont be enough anymore to be the ruler of KF XD.

(We will see who is right after the bows are availeble in game, but i can imagine it will change alot )

k indeed thats right. just wanted to post my oppinion about them since i didnt rly know if ent realized this. but as i saw it was just me who didnt read the topic where he said those 2 points yet :huh: thanks for clearing that up for me.

I hadn't seen that thread either, thanks for pointing out it had already been brought up.

That's a bit naive - I mean it takes great dedication to get into top a/d EL players, why do you think they will lose that after the change? I bet they will be the first one who will adjust since they will do whatever it takes to keep their ranks. And in majority of cases they do have resources to accomplish that easier than anyone else.

That's a bit naive - I mean it takes great dedication to get into top a/d EL players, why do you think they will lose that after the change? I bet they will be the first one who will adjust since they will do whatever it takes to keep their ranks. And in majority of cases they do have resources to accomplish that easier than anyone else.

I dind't use any name's for pointing poeple who think that they are PK-Gods.

And I know that you are right on this, I play this game long enough to know the dadication you need to get into the higher a/d levels, and what hard work it is to reached that state, and that they can be proud of it.

But what i try to say is that there will be a change in the world that cals PK. and that there will be a totaly new way of combat. It will separate, the ones with fast mouse clicking and those with the brains more and more.

But please dont see me as an personal danger , I dont have the brain's ! im just loving this game !! ;-)

We will see whats going to happen with this game.

Now all we need is the first : " OMG he shotez my spawn " outlaw thread and we are all happy rolleyes.gif

Person with a night visor and high perception sniping spawns?

we could have some interesting outlaw threads about that indeed...

Edited by Shujral

Now all we need is the first : " OMG he shotez my spawn " outlaw thread and we are all happy rolleyes.gif

With Camo cape the outlaw threads will be like "someone sniped my spawn from shadows for 666 hours :)

With Camo cape the outlaw threads will be like "someone sniped my spawn from shadows for 666 hours :(

this is hillarious :P

But so true!