Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
SleepyDragon

Spawn etiquette

I am posting this a question about spawn ettiquette as a situation arose the other day that caused some confusion and I would like a bit of clarification.

Firstly I would like to say that the only 'etiquette' for the use of spawns (and notice I do not say rules, but ettiquette) that I am aware of is that

a) you don't serp someone elses spawn

:ph34r: one spawn to one person

c) if you leave the spawn you lose it

d) you don't ask guildies/friends to come resupply you with essies or equipment so that you don't lose the spawn.

Now a situation arose the other day where a guildie of mine offered to collect some furs for another guildie who is a summoner. Whilst fighting at the spawn he quickly became full so bagged the stuff he had collected and asked the person he was collecting for to come and get it, which the second person then did.

We then recieved an ig from someone accusing them of breaking spawn rules and saying that if he couldn't carry the stuff he should let the bags poof instead of having someone collect the furs for him.

I would like to point out that the second person was not putting anything in the bags for the first guildie to use to restock in any way, merely collecting the furs that could no longer be carried.

This is the first time in 18 months of playing that I have heard that this is considered to be a breach of etiquette and wondered if it was a generally known thing.

I never heard of d). :ph34r:

On the other hand, it is etiquette and nothing more. Not sure why you would care at all about silly #ig's :ph34r:

Edited by Kheres

I never heard of d). :D

lol me too... anyway i don't need anyone to resupply me, i get full of pots and stuf before i use 1/3 of my essies / sr...

i used to put some hyperspaces bags before arround my fluffie spawn in cm before col and tit armor (no need to look for mine there, i used all :D but maybe u'll find some stuff, i hear ppl when they get full of pots put them on hyperspace...)

about spawn etiquette, ppl usually don't serp (i do it when i get mad :P), and when u leave the spawn, u lose it.

I never heard of d). :P

lol me too... anyway i don't need anyone to resupply me, i get full of pots and stuf before i use 1/3 of my essies / sr...

i used to put some hyperspaces bags before arround my fluffie spawn in cm before col and tit armor (no need to look for mine there, i used all :D but maybe u'll find some stuff, i hear ppl when they get full of pots put them on hyperspace...)

lol lets go there and counting bagj.. erm... treasure hunters ;p

@ d) : yes its rude behavior to let your guildies restock you. people have been redtagged for doing this.. :D

I never heard of d). :P

lol lets go there and counting bagj.. erm... treasure hunters ;p

@ d) : yes its rude behavior to let your guildies restock you. people have been redtagged for doing this.. :D

I guess asking guildies to mule some resources for you is also rude. You're getting an advantage over guildless people or small guilds with low-emu folks:( I was so rude in past. I will be so rude in future. Shame on me!

I guess asking guildies to mule some resources for you is also rude. You're getting an advantage over guildless people or small guilds with low-emu folks:( I was so rude in past. I will be so rude in future. Shame on me!

the point is with such a supply you can technical stay forever and it happend quit often that up to 3 ppl waiting on a spawn. if you wait there and after half hour some ppl come to restock the person who's training you will be pissed of :D

and if i ask someone to mule for me it usaly results in big silence, coz that means usualy muling ALOT :P

if you wait there and after half hour some ppl come to restock the person who's training you will be pissed of :P

You can serp the spawn then :D

the point is with such a supply you can technical stay forever and it happend quit often that up to 3 ppl waiting on a spawn. if you wait there and after half hour some ppl come to restock the person who's training you will be pissed of :D

and if i ask someone to mule for me it usaly results in big silence, coz that means usualy muling ALOT :P

i don't ask people to bring me stuff since i can train 10 hours at spawn :D

i ask them to come and get my potions fillinf up inv (i only train fluff) is that rude too ? xD

Yes it's rude to have guildie restock, but not really to haul out some stuff you no longer need O.o I had a guildie haul out a bag of bones every now and then because I couldn't carry. (back when I got 1k+ bones on a single session on ogres)

But I let him keep them, so maybe thats different.

EDIT: typos

~kGn

Edited by kaGen

if you wait there and after half hour some ppl come to restock the person who's training you will be pissed of :P

You can serp the spawn then :D

nah, this is the noob way (which usualy leads to harassment) ;p

go kick their butt on next NDD is more fun ;p

@ michi yes it is , you train to much :D

I think of spawn etiquette as the same as park ball court ettiquette. Treating spawns like public tennis, basketball, or handball courts in the parks where I grew up (NYC), the etiquette I use is:

1) If someone is already training when you get there, you either look for another spawn or you wait.

2) The general rule is everyone gets to claim use of a spawn for 30 minutes - 1 hour, or until they run out of gear/esses/pots, whichever comes first. Then you are expected to give it up. If people are waiting, and you've been there your full time already, you had better give it up, or they can take it from you (serp the spawn). If no one is waiting, you can keep going past your time, but if someone then shows up, you should give it up right away. If you know someone is waiting, it is polite to wrap up your training sooner rather than later.

3) If someone is already using a multi-spawn, you should ask if they mind sharing with you so you can start training. If you are using a multi-spawn and don't mind sharing, you should say so to the waiting person. If someone asks if they can share, and you don't want to, you should say so politely and then try to wrap up your training fast to not keep the other person waiting too long.

4) If you are using a spawn, and you need to take a break for any reason, you give up the spawn. That puts you at the end of the waiting line to get back on it, or you can go look for another. If no one is waiting for the spawn, you can have a friend restock you so you can keep training, but doing that while others are waiting, or if you've already been on it more than an hour, is very bad form.

5) Using a spawn to "harvest" furs, bones, meat, etc., is perfectly okay, and having a friend come and take away that stuff (but not restock your gear) is okay, too, as long as you don't go over the time limit.

Personally, I think that having friends restock you so you can stay camped on a spawn even if others are waiting to use it, is a violation of the rules against blocking access to resources and interfering with other people's ability to play the game. It's not up to me to say that it's officially against the rules, but in my opinion it is. So to me it's not just bad manners, it's really, really, really bad manners.

EDIT: Oh, and if you're someone who can train for 10 hours without restocking, then you should be polite and move to another spawn if someone comes along needing the one you've been on for 6 hours already. :D

Edited by peino

I think of spawn etiquette as the same as park ball court ettiquette. Treating spawns like public tennis, basketball, or handball courts in the parks where I grew up (NYC), the etiquette I use is:wait.

2) The general rule is everyone gets to claim use of a spawn for 30 minutes - 1 hour, or until they run out of gear/esses/pots, whichever comes first. Then you are expected to give it up. If people are waiting, and you've been there your full time already, you had better give it up, or they can take it from you (serp the spawn). If no one is waiting, you can keep going past your time, but if someone then shows up, you should give it up right away. If you know someone is waiting, it is polite to wrap up your training sooner rather than later.

3) If someone is already using a multi-spawn, you should ask if they mind sharing with you so you can start training. If you are using a multi-spawn and don't mind sharing, you should say so to the waiting person. If someone asks if they can share, and you don't want to, you should say so politely and then try to wrap up your training fast to not keep the other person waiting too long.

5) Using a spawn to "harvest" furs, bones, meat, etc., is perfectly okay, and having a friend come and take away that stuff (but not restock your gear) is okay, too, as long as you don't go over the time limit.

Personally, I think that having friends restock you so you can stay camped on a spawn even if others are waiting to use it, is a violation of the rules against blocking access to resources and interfering with other people's ability to play the game. It's not up to me to say that it's officially against the rules, but in my opinion it is. So to me it's not just bad manners, it's really, really, really bad manners.

EDIT: Oh, and if you're someone who can train for 10 hours without restocking, then you should be polite and move to another spawn if someone comes along needing the one you've been on for 6 hours already. :P

Note to 2 : serp my spawn i brod if i see on pk map. I never heared of a 30 mins train or such time limit loool.

Note to 3 : hm yeah, there a very few multi spawn, i think they are all single spawn with close repop. like the CM ogre supposed to be double spawn but always 2 ppl there, same for the feros in NRM but well, its good to be able to multi train i think (i hate it when u pvp multi chim and some noobs comes and kills one -_-' xD)

Note to 5 : its called "Farming" :)

"personally, I think" ofc its personal since ur the one thinking :D

and about the 10 hours train, i think, first came, first served :D

~TK

@marr, well i used to train xD i stoped a bit :D

edit : typo and well, if u say i should move to an other spawn, it means there is one free, so the guy looking for a spawn should go there ^^

Edited by Michic0_oL

Well i dont think its rude if i put my "non-used-st00f" in a bag and my guildie comes takes it..

Coz i could just let them in a bag and wait till p00f!!

I think theres only 2 rules of spawn.

1. You leave, you lose

2. You serp, you got broded

Thats all... :D

Note to 2 : serp my spawn i brod if i see on pk map. I never heared of a 30 mins train or such time limit loool.

I said that is just the etiquette that I follow, not that it is official. If you come across me at a spawn, that's how I'll act. Of course you're not going to come across me at a spawn because you're way above my training level. :)

Note to 3 : hm yeah, there a very few multi spawn, i think they are all single spawn with close repop. like the CM ogre supposed to be double spawn but always 2 ppl there, same for the feros in NRM but well, its good to be able to multi train i think (i hate it when u pvp multi chim and some noobs comes and kills one -_-' xD)

Sharing is civilized. :D

Note to 5 : its called "Farming" :D

Thanks.

"personally, I think" ofc its personal since ur the one thinking :D

Thanks for splitting that hair for me. :D I always add the "personally," because a lot of people miss the "I think" and start yelling that what I'm saying isn't the rule, blah, blah, blah. Kind of like how you missed the part where I said this was the etiquette I follow and commented on how you never heard of a time limt, blah, blah. :)

and about the 10 hours train, i think, first came, first served :D

You can do that if you like, but if people's attitude is "I got here first so the hell with everyone else", why do we need etiquette at all?

*makes note never to waste time training on the same thing as Michic0_oL* :P

lol @ ppl restocking training people. i never saw someone doing that except Ewol noobs.

EWoL might be n00b. But you shouldnt tell that here! :D

lol @ ppl restocking training people. i never saw someone doing that except Ewol noobs.

Markusweck etiquette :

Behave like a lady and leave the spawn to me.

Yes, he told me, when we both were training ogre - long time ago. :D

Explain nicely that it was ok, if they keep at it, red tag 'em! :P

~kGn

I agree.

They're lucky i was AFK/offline when all this happened :D

Against spawn etiquette for guildie to come pick up the drops?!?! lmao no way.

Markusweck etiquette :

Yes, he told me, when we both were training ogre - long time ago. :D

ROFLMAO!

Anyways spawn trainers should get along well... No need to argue or something else. Being polite is not a very hard thing.

Also i see non of yeti trainers fight eachother in PK's... Except a few... :P

Markusweck etiquette :

Yes, he told me, when we both were training ogre - long time ago. :P

Wow-wee! That's takes some kind of nerve. :icon13:

*makes note never to waste time training on the same thing as Michic0_oL* ;)

i don't train for like 2 months then i train 10 hours in one day :P

All good then. :)