Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
GloryFades

New Spell

Okay...since magic is currently lacking...we need some kickass spells...

so maybe to start it off we'll have..........

lvl 38 Teleport To Spot

requires double the 'portal room' essences needs and 60 mp

anyways, we could rig it so each map and the map overview, has like 9 "spots". Each is assigned a number. When you cast the spell you are asked what map you wish to go to (you will be transported to a different 'room'/map temportarily) then you will be asked what number you wish to acesss. The portals would be in spots that arent easy to get to or to main spots. Like grahm's village, forest of fall, wsc, vc, lakeside, treetown, pl entrance all for WSC map. Post what you think.

yep thats a good one...more destructive and offensive spells (to prove that a mage is a destructive party compadre) :wink:

there should be a magic spell "kill entity" but it uses 70 etheral points and tons of essences plus it kills any hostile creature in the range of 5-10 squares on the map maker? :twisted:

wow...i just realized how bad that sucked...well anyway, how about a 'Luck' spell which increase your success rate for everything used in the manu window. or how about 'teleport other'.....it would be difficult but like lvl 38 it sends window to the player you want to teleport, and if they click accept or whatever, the player is teleported to the one who cast the spell....hmmm it could be good...but then it could easily be abused by multi-character people and carrying shit would be too easy if people messed with it.

a spell that increases etheral points? dont make me regret i helped you frogger02...

yes i would like to see more combat oriented spells, like fire/lighting bolt and so on. but i would allso like to see a small rework on the magic system so that you had to read books to learn the spells you wanted to cast. this way one can hide the stronger spells away or give them as quest rewards :)

and like say you have to learn self healing before you can learn remote healing and will have to go the grades on what spells you learn. the spells should allso work like the rest of the skills in that you can cast all the spells you know if you have the sigils and essences (and enough etheral points) but if you fail you have a small chance of useing the essences and etheral points in what could best be described as a fireworks of magical energys...

how about putting all those elemental essences to use? that would be nice, destructive spells enough to blow your minds out :twisted:

well as long as its entropy that have to code them into the server its him that have the final word. but yes i would like to see them used (and i think its the plan to do so)...

1) There WILL be Magical arena's But i think we all want to know when :)

2) We do need more spells and more destructive ones at that.

3)I have some spells:

.............• Sign Struck

..................Whne in a pk map you can cast a spell on the sign leaving the pk map that gives the next user a 50% chance of going to hell but once its been used, the spell wheres off th sign and reqs. alot of ethereal points to cast.

.............• Baddabing BaddaBOOM

..................When in a pk map, you can cast this on a NPS fighter and when someone attacks him, ang the NPC fighter's health goes to half way, they explode and take somethingl ike 50 health off the person fighting them

ok, maybe quoting yourself is evil... but what the hell... I am EVIL :twisted: !!!

Bond with nature  

description: Casters drains etheral power from surrounding area recieving 40 etheral points.  

sigils: water, earth, air, change, energy  

reagents: 1 water essence, 1 air essence, 1 earth essence, 1 energy essence  

required magic level:40  

magic experience given ?  

required etheral points:10  

Earth ward  

description: Caster referes to spirit of earth for protection. Quick sands encircle him and so he can't be h2h attacked by no monster or character (smt like potion cape effect. He can be attacked by ranged attacks and he can attack others using ranged weapons or spells. The effect lasts 30 sec.  

sigils:local, earth, magic, protection  

reagents:5 earth essence, 5 magic essence  

required magic level:38  

magic experience given: ?  

required etheral points:30  

Fire ward  

description: Caster referes to spirits of fire for protection. Immolating flames form a sphere around him. When mage is damaged by someone the also attacker also is being wounded with 80% of damage he inflicted. The attack is being reflected as fire based. mage is immune to any fire based attacks. The effect lasts 3 min.  

sigils:local, fire, magic, protection  

reagents:5 fire essence, 5 magic essence  

required magic level:42  

magic experience given ?  

required etheral points:40  

Water of life  

description: Mage plunges his hands in water and brings up its life force for others to use. The caster has to stand on tile next to the tile of water (example: river/lake bank, near fountain). All characters in range 2x2 near the caster recieve 30 material points back (but not the caster).  

sigils:water, knowledge, global, health  

reagents:2 water essence, 4 magic essence, 2 health essence  

required magic level:43  

magic experience given ?  

required etheral points:40  

Teleport beacon  

description: Casters draws a magical sign on the ground that glows for a second and disappears. The location of char is remembered and he'll be teleported to it when he casts 'Teleport to the beacon' spell. Caster can leave only one beacon. If he casts another one the location of previous is ereased.  

sigils: knowledge, earth, create, permanent, magic  

reagents: 2 earth essence, 5 magic essence, 2 matter essence  

required magic level:50  

magic experience given ?  

required etheral points:5  

Teleport to the beacon  

description: Caster use his powers to teleport to place where he placed his magical signature (teleport beacon). So the spell does not allow to penatrate areas where mage never been before.  

sigils:knowledge, move, change, global, space  

reagents:3 matter essence, 5 energy essence, 3 spirit essence  

required magic level:51  

required etheral points:25  

Water ward  

description: Caster referes to spirits of water for protection. A sphere of magical mist is created around him. The fog is so dense that the mage is barely visible. Casters defence increases by 20 and he can flee from combat whenever he/she wants. Effect lasts 1 min.  

sigils:local, water, magic, protection  

reagents:5 water essence, 5 magic essence  

required magic level:45  

required etheral points:30  

Air ward  

description: Caster referes to spirits of air for protection and aid. The column of wind hurls from above and strikes the ground around him. Caster can't be attacked via ranged weapons. Every melee (successful) attack of mage does 25% more damage (as the currents of air guide and strenghten his moves). The effect lasts 2 min.  

sigils:local, air, magic, protection  

reagents:5 air essence, 5 magic essence  

required magic level:39  

required etheral points:24

just say what'd you think... and yes one of the spells do get your etheral points up :)

thats nasty, quell...and nice, too :D

i think i can add spells like:

*Infernal Pillar

- thousands of souls summoned up by the caster attack the target (the quantity of souls depends on your will, ethe, and all those things)

*Sanctuary

- condemns an area (like 7x7 tiles) to damage the enemies and heal the friendly units (with a spooky cross sign)

*Soul Thresh

- conjures a dark, pulsating orb of energy and hurl it to the enemy for a seriously big damage

*Hell's Ascension

- summons the scorching fires of hell to burn the enemies on a fixed area (7x7 tiles?)

*Steal Soul

- steals the enemy's MP and EP (at a small quantity, i think) and damages it at the same time

*Celestial Wrath

- all of the atmospheric storms (lighting, tornado, etc.) plunge on a given area, damaging all the enemies for a period of time (7x7 is my fave, so probably...)

*Spirit Wrack

- smites the enemy with a powerful psychokinetic blow that splashes to all the enemies within 2x2 tiles of the target

i dont know what you think but these are the heavenly demonic spells i wanna put to use :twisted:

thats nasty, quell...and nice, too :D

i think i can add spells like:

*Infernal Pillar

- thousands of souls summoned up by the caster attack the target (the quantity of souls depends on your will, ethe, and all those things)

*Sanctuary

- condemns an area (like 7x7 tiles) to damage the enemies and heal the friendly units (with a spooky cross sign)

*Soul Thresh

- conjures a dark, pulsating orb of energy and hurl it to the enemy for a seriously big damage

*Hell's Ascension

- summons the scorching fires of hell to burn the enemies on a fixed area (7x7 tiles?)

*Steal Soul

- steals the enemy's MP and EP (at a small quantity, i think) and damages it at the same time

*Celestial Wrath

- all of the atmospheric storms (lightning, tornado, etc.) plunge on a given area, damaging all the enemies for a period of time (7x7 is my fave, so probably...)

*Spirit Wrack

- smites the enemy with a powerful psychokinetic blow that splashes to all the enemies within 2x2 tiles of the target

i dont know what you think but these are the heavenly demonic spells i wanna put to use :twisted:

Note: please check out the general chat board and list your GMTs on my 'GMTs, anyone?' panel, thank you

hey i had idea if spell effects were ever added it is like on smite summoned when it is in the 16x16 square there is like a shock wave look sent out from your char to the edge of the spell range i thought this would look very interesting

a spell for increasing ethereal points would unbalance the game, you could then restore your eth pts wit a few casts and have no more need for potions.

i would prefer a spell which increases your recharge rate for a while but which requires some heavy eth pts for start

a spell for increasing ethereal points would unbalance the game, you could then restore your eth pts wit a few casts and have no more need for potions.

lol :) read the formula of spell one more time ....

(points the essence's weight :wink: - they are two times heavier then 2 pots that are needed to get the same ammount of eth pts + you have to start thinking about regaining eth pts before it drops to 0 [you need 10 pts to cast the spell] + there is a chance that you fail...)

...:mrgreen: I'd still use pots whenever possible but if not there is another 'way' (worse but still...)

your proposal is also very interesting but there are rumours :wink: that maybe eth pts regaining rate would depend of your magic lvl... wouldn't this be great :mrgreen: ?

cheers

bad idea quell....anyway, you ARE aware that most of your spells would be pointless....magic cannotbe seen....justas when u cast harm nothign happens 'summong fire, tornado, hurricane to hit people' wouldnt do shit...just give them 40 dmg etc.

lol now thats silly :P description was added to explain why I used certain sigils and ess's + to give 'a description' of effects ...sorry if it looks like visual effects description (IT IS NOT :wink: so help me God !)

as to

...just give them 40 dmg etc.

no! *shrugs shoulders* ain't gonna happen' ... go play quake... its not about creating 'nuke'em all' spell or arcade style 'I cast fire balls like a machine gun' :roll:

magic will be visible some time in the future, its just that entropy first wants to worry about getting the code rock solid before adding eyecandy...

Here's one that would annoy the heck out of people but help the lower level fighters.

Description: Temporary relieves power to move by makeing you stuck to the ground. (like 15 secs)

Sigils: Temporary Remove Move Knowledge

THis would be good in a PK map during a manhunt or something, it would also be funny to see the guards sitting on the job :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: