Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Entropy

Update Instructions

How do I get to the test server? :( I couldn't work out how. :)
You need to copy/paste the EL shortcut (so you have a second one), edit it (right-click, properties), and change the Target to read (with the quotes and all): "C:\Program Files\Eternal Lands\el.exe" test

Eeeek, to slow... :confused:

Edited by bkc56

Guest Doctor_Who

I hope this is the right place to post this but Im having a problem where as soon as I log into EL it shuts down saying that it preformed an illegal error... when I first installed the new update it was just fine for a couple hours but not so any more. When I check the error log it says:

[11:52:22] Error: Can't open file "quest.log"

[11:52:22] * server www.eternal-lands.com filename http://www.eternal-lands.com/updates150/files.lst

[11:52:22] Downloading http://www.eternal-lands.com/updates150/files.lst from www.eternal-lands.com

[11:52:22] Error opening sound configuration file

[11:52:23] Finished downloading http://www.eternal-lands.com/updates150/files.lst

[11:52:41] Error: Can't open file "spells_doctor_who.dat"

Before when my mum was trying to get on it would say:

[10:41:40] Error: Can't open file "quest.log"

[10:41:40] * server www.eternal-lands.com filename http://www.eternal-lands.com/updates150/files.lst

[10:41:40] Downloading http://www.eternal-lands.com/updates150/files.lst from www.eternal-lands.com

[10:41:41] Error opening sound configuration file

[10:41:42] Finished downloading http://www.eternal-lands.com/updates150/files.lst

[10:42:08] Client closed

Any ideas on how to fix it?

Thanks for your time :)

P.S. I also tried to uninstall and reinstall it all, but to no avail. :confused:

Edited by Doctor_Who

Guest Doctor_Who

Specs are as follows:

Windows: Windows XP5.1 (Build 2600) Service Pack 2

Internet Explorer: 7.0.5730.11

Memory (RAM): 1014 MB

CPU: Intel® Pentium® D CPU 2.80GHz

CPU Speed: 2795.3 MHz

Sound card: SigmaTel Audio

Display Adapters: Intel® 82945G Express Chipset Family | NetMeeting driver | RDPDD Chained DD

Screen Resolution: 1280 X 1024 - 32 bit

:

Network Adapters: Belkin 802.11g Network Adapter - Packet Scheduler Miniport

CD / DVD Drives: D: TSSTcorpCD/DVDW TS-H552B | E: LITE-ON CD-ROM LTN-489S | J: ZA3213Q TCR440S

:

COM Ports: COM3 | COM1

LPT Ports: LPT1

Mouse: 3 Button Wheel Mouse Present

Hard Disks: C: 232.9GB

Hard Disks - Free: C: 93.0GB

USB Controllers: 5 host controllers.

Firewire (1394): 1 host controllers.

:

Manufacturer: Intel Corp.

Product Make: GT5012

:

AC Power Status: OnLine

BIOS Info: ATAT COMPATIBLE 080205 GATEWA 2d

Time Zone: Central Standard Time

Battery: No Battery

Motherboard: Intel Corporation D945GCZ

Modem: PCI Soft Data Fax Modem with SmartCP

TMI? lol

Edited by Doctor_Who

Runs fine, only 1 problem i noticed so far:

[15:03:36] Warning: Didn't find your data_dir, using the current directory instead. Please correct this in your el.ini . Given data_dir was: "H:\Eternal Lands\"

Is the space in the data_dir causing a prob? Because the path is all right...

That's a possibility. You can try and escape the white space "H:\Eternal/ Lands\" or however Windows does it.

Is your "H" drive a network drive? I had that problem at work when I was looking for where EL saved my user files. My user directory at work is a network drive named "X", but EL resolved it to "\\fileserver\users\"

Thanks for clear pieces of instruction on how to install the new client. Worked smoothly (including sound).

I am still trying to figure out how to get my el to work and the errors that stand out the most mto me are these

[20:35:08] Error: Server profile not found in servers.lst for server: Lands\el.exe". Failover to server: main.

[20:35:08] Using the server profile: main

[20:35:12] Error opening sound configuration file

[20:36:13] Error: Can't open file "quest.log"

[20:36:14] Could not load a channel list for language code [en]. Using the english set instead.

[20:36:31] Error: Can't open file "./particles/moon_bubbles1.part"

Last message repeated 3 times

[20:36:32] Error: Can't open file "spells_golemer.dat"

And pretty much the rest is still sound errors... so is there anyways to actually fix those problems yo see if those might possibly be causing my el to crash? Also in my el.ini folder it is saying server port 2001.. that is the test server but when I log on I can see bots posting in market right before it crashes so I know it's logging onto port 2000.. also I did a search on my computer for the moon_bubbles and my spells .dat and the search showed no results.. not sure if that helps at all... and last night I updated my graphics card and sound card and got a few other updates and nothing seems to help.. I want to wait and see if anyone knows how I may go about fixing those issues.. if not then it looks as if I will try reformatting my computer and reinstalling all the drivers.. maybe I missed a driver somewhere? I dunno.. >.< but it's aggravating I can't get on and give my 2 bots stuff to sell or get the stuff off the bots that they bought for me rofl.. all I can do is view them from Learners site.. xD

New errors..

[21:36:43] Unable to add command 20 - 119

Last message repeated 1 time

[21:36:43] Unable to add command 26 - 379

[21:36:43] Unable to add command 25 - 379

So.. I have decided to just attempt to reformat my computer and manually re install all the drivers so that way I know everything is working.. hope this works it takes roughly an hour to an hour and a half.. >.<

Edited by Golemer