Eternal Lands Official Forums
KarenRei

Next task

Even if we make it face an arbitrary angle (which can add some issues when walking right after firing an arrow and stuff), we still have another angle, for example if the target is on a higher or lower position.

I'm able to change the rotation or the position of a keyframe inside the animation but the only problem is that I suck at quaternions :)

So for the moment, I was not successful to find the right value to orient the torso of the char in the good direction. When I try to rotate it, the torso also move up or down at the same time :)

If somebody is an expert and can help me on that, it would be great :)

Anyway, google is my friend and I'll try to learn more about quaternions to see if I can find the good value...

Entropy: Out of that, I think that the torso of the char should move just before the shoot. In this case, Roja can put a keyframe in the animation just before the fire and then I can modify it to orient it in the good direction. This also means that each char will have his own fire animation for archery which is not the case actually for all other animations.

EDIT: I found the bug! :fire:

My quaternion was not normalized...

Here's a little screenshot of what I've done:

torsorotationhm9.jpg

Of course, some tuning can be done, it's just an example ;)

Edited by Schmurk

I am not sure if the whole torso can turn (might look stupid/bad with some armors). My idea was, if possible, to have only the arms/hands/bow/arrow turn, if possible.

Yes, on the picture, I've turned the torso to 45° so it's a bit weird but in reality, the torso should turn to only 22.5° maximum. However, I think that if you take a bow in your hands and if you try to aim in a given direction, it's better to orient your torso in this direction rather than just the arms because you'll lose power. But I'm not an expert in archery neither in animation so maybe I'm wrong :cry:

Anyway, if I can turn the torso like I want, I can also turn all other members so just tell me what must be done...

It would be the torso that turns. However I had the impression that to turn the 45 degrees you would walk/turn? Exactly as you turn when you press the ins/del keys.

Turning the character as you are via programming probably won't get the best results..the vertices need to be weighed gradually for a nice smooth looking torso-turn.