Eternal Lands Official Forums
HeLLRaiZeR

Knowledge needs to be listed more chronologic.

Well, not a big suggestion really. For some time I've been slightly annoyed when looking in the knowledge tab under the skill section ingame. For the past updates new research has just been added to the list without being under the right category.

I'd suggest either that you make some new subbuttons like "Mining Knowledge", "Fighting Knowledge" or just placing the new knowledges in the "list" of the old ones. It's hard explaining but if you see the first knowledge in the list those are sorted skillwise. It would be great if the new ones could be too :D

i agree with you hellraiser,

subdividing the list would make it easier to use :D

Edited by Melisande

I concur, but it's only cosmetic issue really. Nevertheless it would be very, really very convenient if it was made more stuctured and logical.

True, it's alot cosmetical but still it's plain annoying looking for what you have researched and what not among the new ones. :P

In case you didn't know, you've also got the #knowledge (#know) command to use too. If you add a string, it will list only those books with a title containing the string. e.g. "#know mining" lists all the mining books. Books you're read are in bold writing. This might help...

In case you didn't know, you've also got the #knowledge (#know) command to use too. If you add a string, it will list only those books with a title containing the string. e.g. "#know mining" lists all the mining books. Books you're read are in bold writing. This might help...

Yup that is usable but only if titles in knowledge tab are consistent, for example:

#know sword, will omit Titanium short sword construction and Tiatanium serpent sword construction

(missing sword in tittle)

#know summon will omit Armed skeleton summoning (missing summoning in title)

There can be more examples, these are only from one fast look at list in tab

Nice tip :P ty

Well, the client is open source, so feel free to do it. I won't bother doing it on the server side, too much work for little improvement.

BTW, the list is chronologic.

the knowledge (except new stuff) is generally in teh same area (metal mining/smelting/harvesting) is at the top with the acception of wolf smelt/harvest/mold and hydro mold/harvest o.O weird how hydro smelt is in the list ;p but still easy to tell