Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Ateh

weekend invasions

I don't want to whine and be called a wheener but if I knew beforehand where it would've been save to go back to harvesting I would have apreciated it.

maybe u should read the posts before replying?

just join channel 6 and ask: is map XY safe atm...

and i also dont see a prob here, even if there wouldnt be any chance to be sure if map is safe or not... just take off everything u wear and go into the map... if its not safe, well u just have to walk back from hell what takes u just a few min and u dont loose anything...

SO WHERE THE HELL IS THE PROB OF ALL U CRYING NON-FIGHTERS???

i had great fun and hope that this will become regular.

it really unions the el-community cuz everybody is working together! i can say, i have much more buddys then before the ndd-invas!

I just want to say that I killed a few of the monstrosities on MM and had my little fun too!! Let's not get into each others hair over this and start a fight...just wanted to bring my point over that not all places are safe even if asked if they were or not!!

it really unions the el-community cuz everybody is working together! i can say,

Totally agree.. one hour im taking hits for a fighter so he can kill a giant the next he is killing me in pk :)

But you know what I dont care.. its FUN and that is all that matters

and im sure that others will agree .. the only bonuses fighters/pkers get from a NDD is FUN, because unless you are a high level fighter who can kill giants etc with ease, xp sucks :P and xp from fights in pk, well just say in 6 hours on NDD i could have got the same xp training fluffs for 10 mins .

most fighters actually lose on a NDD wether thats broken items or loss of he's, srs, de's etc etc etc .. but at the end of the day its all about FUN

Well, I can give you a labour day right after the invasion, in conjunction with the free 100K HEs, to compensate for them.

Please not straight after...

After 9 hours of fighting... RL needs a turn - and so does sleep....

wow this topic backfired on me didnt it :P

Kinda. :)

Look, the way I see it is this: Invasions add to everybody's strategizing in how they play EL. They are either an obstacle or an opportunity. Either way, you have to figure out how to work with/around them in your game day. To me, this makes the game more interesting.

With no-drops plus a whole week's notice plus the warnings/announcements during the invasions, I really don't see what the problem is for non-fighters. If you really don't know where to harvest on invasion days, maybe you need to explore more on non-invasion days, to expand your options. Meanwhile, the Gicu invasions are excellent chances for lower level players to test their skills with little risk, and chances for enterprising business players to make gc during the week (which can only be good for the economy).

I like PvE action, so I really enjoy invasions I have a chance to participate in. I like sometimes teaming up with friends and sometimes going off on my own, lone wolf style. I like the excitement and community cooperation. I like the sense of "game" in these invasions, where there is an object to work towards and a prize to win. I'd like to see even more such "games" within the game in EL, too. :) (To me, the Gicu invasions are kind of like the dev-run queen-mother of player-run events like Mortos challenges, man-hunts, mixers' challenges (which we could use more of), etc.)

I understand that some people want nothing to do with this. Some people come here just to "do their own thing." But I really don't think that being asked to pick another place to harvest for just one day so others can have this event is really stopping anyone from "doing their own thing."

Edited by peino

OK, to be constructive about the topic, how about a challenge for harvesters/mixers in which the prize would be an extra exp day? This is just rough off the top of my head:

RP thinking for the Gicu invasions is that the challenges come from Mortos and Aluwen, warring with each other.

Maybe a non-war challenge day could come from a call from the other gods -- Glilin, Zarin, Elandria, Jayden. Maybe we could have a grand festival of the mixing gods, including this challenge: create at least X amount of goods as offerings to the gods within the festival day (showing your dedication by your work), and all will be rewarded with a Day that benefits everyone's work -- one of the extra exp days.

The hold-out god would be Lucaa, the harvesting goddess, who never cooperates with anyone, of course. :)

I imagine a team bag mixing extravaganza. Harvesters and mixers teaming together to keep the production lines rolling. All of them racking up exp. Maybe the devs throwing extra challenges at them somehow -- like astro effects or mini invasions (nothing too challenging). Huge amounts of resources/items would be used up. And if the goals are met, everyone benefits - including fighters - with an extra exp day.

Obviously, this event would not be as fast-paced as the invasions, so I wouldn't suggest having them as often as invasion, but hey, it's thought. I toss it out there to be considered or torn apart, whatever.

yeh it wasnt so much that I cant find anything to do during an invasion , not at all.

Was just kind of wondering if a nod and a wink to the people who dont fight would have been possible, a sort of '' The fighters got a great day of no drops , for those that run a mile from the invasion heres a half food day ''

But you know , like i said in my original post at the beginning, you cant please all of the people all of the time.

Hey ive got an idea !! how about we close this thread so it doesnt get any worse :)

* edit * I was typing this then logged into EL and its a half food day :/

Edited by Ateh

Was just kind of wondering if a nod and a wink to the people who dont fight would have been possible, a sort of '' The fighters got a great day of no drops , for those that run a mile from the invasion heres a half food day ''

i dont think a ndd is only for fighters:

mixers (of whatever kind) can eat toads without paying attention to life...

harvers could go to the hydro without using a rost or loosing the swords...

summoners can help the fighters killing the monsters and get great xp...

manuers, alcherchs and potioners (and crafters maybe too) can sit in sto (as they mostly do =D) mixing all those supplies and make a great profit at/after the ndd (if u dont do like me and share all ur DEs, HEs and SRs :icon13:...

magicians can get loads of xp by harming, poisoning the monsters and heal the fighters...

only the fighters get, as mentioned above, bad xp and burn many HEs, SRs and brake stuff...

the onlything they have is fun (also as mentioned above)

so the longer i look at this the more i come to the conclusion the ndd is for all non-fighting players better than for the fighters... (of course thats a bit ironic, so plz no stupid comments...)

i really dont see any problems for non fighters...

We had day of joule yesterday and i bet i profited from it more than most mixers, dont remember the exact numbers but i have made over 600k cheap alchemy exp and a lot of HE/Steel Bars/FE ( yup, mixing ~400 FE's with 1 click is so pr0, and i could do that semi-afk xD

We fighters have it always so easy, no matter if its no drop or joule day we enjoy it, and no1 from the fighters never ever complained about joule day.

Actually, i think the easier mixers got the better/easier for fighters it is :cry:

mp

NDD is a day for all, so stop bitching if ent decides to have an invasion ent has an ionvasion, you have no say so put on ur CoL/armor/wep and get out there and fight/train/PK/harv etc, it diesnt matter if u die while harvesting ur not guna lose anything, and quite i love the invasions when im on just wish i was a higher lvled fighter so i can take on everything after the sslessers :>

~bigk