Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
nicky

My Mistake

I made a mistake today, i purchased a titanium shield for 26k and Iron greaves for 5600 from DigniTas. When i adjusted my Qty bar on my inv window i typed 61600 instead of 31600 and i gave him 61600 for the goods. I accept that i was stupid and should not expect my money back, and thats ok.

But i did pm him looking to see if he would do the right thing and he did not. So keep that in mind when you deal with him, make an honest mistake in his favor, and you can forget about him being honorable.

End of story.

And BTW: I KNOW that i gave him too much because i have a #sto listing from right before our trade, making it simple to know how much i gave him.

Well, it this a genuine outlaw thread? I mean, you cannot prove it with any logs and/or screenshots, which means, it's only his/her word against yours. Anybody can make this accusation. I do not mean any offence to you, I am just pointing out some issues of this case.

Have you at least think for a second that he might have not realised your mistake either (as the gold went straight to the storage)? The he might have thought you were trying to scam him? No? Guess you've been busy with posting.

SO you put here Dignitas or did you put yourself for :"watch out me naaab,ill make mistake and will cry" ?

He didnt do anythind wrong (got more money,so accepted,thats all)...

Noob reason for post in outlaws

SO you put here Dignitas or did you put yourself for :"watch out me naaab,ill make mistake and will cry" ?

He didnt do anythind wrong (got more money,so accepted,thats all)...

Noob reason for post in outlaws

Perhaps READING the post will help you out here....

It's a negligible amount, and is meaningless to me. What's meaningful is that when asked to make it right, some do, some don't. I trade with dozens of people on a regular basis and mistakes can happen. This is one of the rare occasions that I trade with someone who is dishonest.

I really don't understand why some people think they have a responsibility to be hostile and unobjective. :P Clearly some of you have never made a costly mistake before and hoped the other party would co-operate. IMO, while Dignitas has commited no offence, it is still dishonest of him to keep the money after the error was pointed out to him - if indeed the said mistake has been made. Unless of course, he has such a huge bank balance and did not notice the extra 30k! - I would certainy have noticed, considering that the most I have ever had in gc is about 120-130k gc!

In particular, I think that congratulating him here for being the beneficiary of a mistake is rather tasteless, since this is not money won by PK or whatever. :)

So, does this post belong here? I think it does.

Outlaws

Scammers, bag stealers, troublemakers, no-good doers! Criminals! Most wanted lists, post them here!

It's a negligible amount, and is meaningless to me. What's meaningful is that when asked to make it right, some do, some don't. I trade with dozens of people on a regular basis and mistakes can happen. This is one of the rare occasions that I trade with someone who is dishonest.

maybe think about some minutes before posting somebody on outlaws! as u say, its an meaningless amount of gc for u, but maybe for dignitas too?! so maybe he just didnt know how much gc he had exactly in sto and due to that he wasnt able to check if ur right or not... if this all would have been with me and i couldnt be sure if ur right or not, i wouldnt pay back u a single gc and i think even you, would have done in the same way...

Edited by flexus