Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
falonor

A simple story

_

-

Not much to tell , or is it ?

- one day , using a very-very popular search-engine , decided myself to find a ~cool~ online RPG ;

so I did , it was Eternal Lands , and since then , I became falonor ;

almost two months passed since then .

- scouting high and low , got the hang of it , eating , harvesting , fighting . one day to encounter

some guys having fun at votd . so I said , hei , I'd like to be in your guild if possible , after chatting ,

guess what ... i was a member and they accepted me as their own.

- we had fun and great times , also hard and rough ; not all things are perfect , but we did good .

- worked for the guild , made invites , participated daily with ideas and work , every time it was needed.

- but then , a shadow fell upon my head , a dark cloud , so , not to have the storm over the guild ,

the remaining guild-master in command , in the absence of our guild master , out on business ,booted me

_

- No big deal is it ? It might have happened to many of you here , or to have heard of such . Well ,

wanting to be and play with an united team , a brotherhood , i joined another fairly active guild .

On doing so , the same 'guild-mate' , started to discredit me , endangering my subscription

- and guess what , i was let in that guild , but only to be unranked on joining , that made me feel

'really welcomed ' , and to be given a kind of crippled second chance.

- this might seem as a soap-opera , in fact it is a kind of ~saga~ ; all along my intentions were

to show the truth , to be heard , to settle down and talk things through .

- gaining here rank as well , for being active and inviting new members into the guild , as well as

making suggestions for alliances i #ig ed the former guild , with a friendly salute .

to be answered back the same .

- also messaged their branch guild , to find reasoning within and having a good talk .

some members there , interviewed and talked rude (did ignore that and was amused by it) ,

but what was i to see . being unranked on the spot , seeing how all ground runs from my feet , how

it is said i do not represent them and i shall pay. on asking the chance to settle things , since we

were peacefully talking , was kicked , no longer to be a member .

regarding details of this part , i can always provide them , but that is long passed , and things have setled down , also i respect the privacy of those involved (they can identify themselves) and protect their anonymity as long as they want it ; and only on their approval will disclosure their names

_

- Now to be blunt and direct. I joined another guild , quite a heaven and paradise , in the name of PAL

to find kind , generous , peaceful people [ they had and have a few -red- tags , a thing i could not cope

with , since all being so nice ]

- felt this was my second home , i did what i could , settled and proposed a few alliances , wanted to do

guild work to help members as i might be able to , and to be helped to level . did not find any kinds

of feed-back on that. thou all were friendly and very talkative .

- i started to feel alone , some PALs were and are close friends to me . was thinking of making my own guild

so i did start to think about it , and upon a silly conflict i left PAL and soon made the guild that now is v \ / v

- the conflict : posted a silly thread on tiny_tim on out-laws , unexpectedly to find people backing him up ,

robotbob from DOA , on those grounds , menaced PAL in an #ig saing we are red tagged cause of that.

GM of PAL tessanna went really mad cause of this , said what i had to say ; and , so that PAL could

have a quick and easy peace-no red tagging ~ left PAL , set out on making an active guild .

_

- did make this little and fragile Empire , and guess what , we have allies , we have friends , and most

importantly , we have active , devoted and to honest and kind guildies , impossible to belive it .

- people with good hearts and minds , each unique , each a friend you can count on .

_ Now for the fun part , on a forum channel talk , mightymopar started to make jokes , presumptions ,

, insinuations , talking rude , insulting ; waiting , listening , trying to change subject , he did the same to sting when

felt like doing it [ these were not the first insults and bad talk i got ]

- at one point i took attitude , stood my ground and spoke my mind , giving the feedback it deserved ;

this did not stop , actually bleaucajun backed him , and Jaida ganged-up on me as well.

Seeing that , and since I really can not stand over-confident , acting like they know and own it all people ,

knowing all of them are Americans ( no offense , and no insinuations ) i have said , and quote :

" No wonder usa gets terrorist attacks with people that have that kind of attitude " - end quote

_

- have nothing against no one , i am ~pro~ peace & life , the only things i can not stand on this planet

are rude , bad , uneducated people. Always gave respect and in return I expected the same .

Myself have lots of friends across the Globe and especially in the ~usa~ . My cousin lives there as well,

in Ohio , a peaceful state of what i hear .

- Do apologize if I hurt someone's feelings , but i can not stay still while i am being mistreated , insulted ,

made jokes on like i do not realize what is going on. if kiddies like bleucajun and mightymopar just past

puberty and think they are cool and know what life is about , and have the nerve to insult someone

are todays measure of civilization , i am certain WW3 will follow , in a few generations .

_

- Well that is not all. Cause of that incident , not only that two friendly allied guilds broke alliances ,

but Tessanna , GM of PAL red-tagged The Empire guild v \ / v of which I am GM of , on

misinterpreted that channel talk. Don't know why she felt included , when I was only addressing bc and mm

- also to add , we applied for alliance with PAL , but for the past 3 weeks or so , TessAnna has blocked

our inter-guild communication via #ig , with no notice , while i was of line ; as well as ignoring my plead

to let me know how and why did this happen . TO add that no one #IG ed PAL while I was online , not

even I nor the Council members .

_

- All this happened before any incidents on allies-channel , for which i apologize for being quick of temper

with that remark , thou suited for the likes of rude - mean people .

So I ask this on public , why did you deny #ig for v \ / v guild 3 weeks ago ? why didn't you explain this

situation ? Were you looking for a pretext , a reason to RED tag a Friendly and hard working active guild ?

_

- Am not looking for no one to take sides , nor to take it personal ; I leave this on the open , so that is it known , so that the truth may come out , and avoid whispers , rumors and settle things once and for all.

_ Having friends here in EL is what kept me going and hoping all to be good from both sides , since no one

intends any harm. Misunderstandings can happen , that is why we are adults , to be able and solve them

I was not going to dignify this crap with a response.... but in hopes that the continued harrassment of our guild and of our guildies will finally stop, here is your response.

1. We can red tag anyone we want to for any reason we want to. We don't have to explain ourselves, though you know well enough, your own personal behavior is the reason you are red tagged.

2. You report the stupidest things to forums and waste so much time for so many of us by doing so.

3. I dont owe you a damn thing! If you are an adult as you so claim, act like one, walk away and leave us alone!

I am done with you, I have warned you to stop harrassing us and now this crap. Stop stalking us, stop harrassing us and move on with your life. Just because we get a new guildie does not mean you automatically start pming them about our guild and how bad we are. It ends now! Don't make me take this a step further, I have tried to be polite, you dont understand polite, i tried to be firm, you dont understand firm... now i have to be hateful and its not normal for me. Maybe hateful is what will finally get things through to you.

Leave us alone! ALL OF US!

TessAnna

On behalf of all of PAL

Edited by TessAnna

Here's another story:

About a year and a half ago my Linux loving housemate, in his search for good, native Linux games, came across EL and introduced me to it.

As an RPG fan with no excess of money, i was raring to check out this free MMO.

It was/is great. I played for at least a couple of months, learning the game, getting a feel for how things worked... I then got into reading the forums and also had a question about a game rule, so i signed up for a forum account and asked my question.

For at least a month after that i read the forums most everyday, reading posts from long before i'd started playing. Doing this gave me some good insight into the type of community there was in EL... the type of people... what was the "norm" and acceptable to most... what had already been suggested and what developers weren't looking to implement.

I'll also note, that at this point i'd been playing for months and still had not joined a guild, as i wanted to be sure i could offer something back to any guild that took me in and helped me, by making sure my character had levels high enough to be useful.

After having my forum account for over a month and having a few months game experience i finally made my first suggested change to the game. It was not something that had already been suggested many times before, or something that anyone with a decent amount of game time under their belt could see was a bad idea... I actually stand by it as a good suggestion to this day.

At around this time i joined my first guild.

On my first day with them i was more interested in helping other members than seeing what the guild could do to help me. I wanted to make sure i didn't just leech items and info, and that i gave as much as i got.

I certainly did not have the audacity to attempt any kind of inter-guild communication, let alone take it on my own back to try and set up alliances, in the early times of being in a guild.

I knew if i was the leader of a guild and some new recruit was that presumptuous i wouldn't be happy with them.

Turns out, i was elected to leadership in that guild fairly quickly... i must have been doing something right :)

Let's jump forward a bit... almost a year after i first started playing EL, once i'd had the time to learn what the EL community considered to be Outlaw behavior and what kind of posts were suitable for the Outlaws section, I made my first Outlaws thread.

- THE END -

...an odd story.

The moral of it:

Don't start playing EL today, sign up for a forum account tomorrow, and be thinking you know whats good for the game and how the community works the next day.

I for one am sick of newbs/n00bs posting in Suggestions and Outlaws with bullshit that if they'd done any kind of research would know they should not have posted... and i know i'm not the only person sick of it either.

I'm also sick of people thinking they'll be running a guild the day they join it... i once had someone tell me that they'd only be interested in joining the guild if they instantly got rank 19! :laugh:

My above rant is directed at all new players to EL.

Play the game and read the forums for a while (a few weeks at least) before posting.

To you specifically Falonor;

Stop trying to put yourself in the spotlight.

Stop posting in Outlaws and Suggestions, as your posts so far clearly show you need more game experience than you have.

Don't join guilds and on day one start stepping on the toes of the guild leaders.

Just play the game for a while.

Read the forums (as opposed to posting on them), not just new posts, but read old ones too, the history of the game and it's community.

Hope this helps.

EDIT: i started my reply before Tess posted...

You know falonor, Tess put in time and effort to try and help you.

Your incident with Cissy put you on a few peoples shitlists, including mine, and the only reason you came off my list was because of Tess, she tried to set things right for you...

well... Tess says you've been harassing her/PAL... back on the list you go :icon13:

Edited by Korrode

screenshotpy8.th.png

click image to enlarge it.

As I recall what happened Sunday, the insults and comments went both ways falonor! But as far as i was concerned, the comments you made about the United States and terrorist attacks was uncalled for, unfair and way over the line! Alot of innocent people from many countries died on 9/11.

You may sugar coat your comments in your post, i hope this screenie refreshes your memory of all you said.

I hope you find a place where you fit in better. I'd hate to think our American attitude would corrupt your fun in any way. Good luck!

Edited by Queen Uni

Hello,

now i want to say first is i admit i wasnt on at the time of this dispute therefore i could care less of it howeveer here is where my interest comes in. I am cogm of The guild PB&J and as thus my interested will extend no further than this. I am asking nicely that if there is a problem with anymember of my guild that can not be resolved between you and them then before you post them on any section of forums please bring this to my or colejs attention. I feel if this was brought to our attention then it could have been resolved with minimal fuss. I was unaware that this problem involved any member of my guild and I would like to keep the name and reputation of our members safe unless there is a serious reason for it.

DAVANIA

if there are any questions feel free to pm me:)