Eternal Lands Official Forums
Jezebelle

Newcomers, guilds and such..

There are many types of peoples some of them like to be part of something big and with honorable reputation that is already made. And there are some peoples that want to build theire own reputation, by making a guild recruiting members making good relations, prooving their guilds valor and honor. This is only a point of view and you and nobody can make these newcomers to see the world and EL like you do....And with forcing them to not make what they want maybe they would feel like in rl...ex:"i cant make that because my mother tell me that is not what i should make"...this is frustrating...and where would end up these things???

Not let newbs train a/d because they just started?

I think this doesent makes sense...Just a question and with all my respect for those who are here from the begining and who have seen these Lands evolution...when the player guilds were introduced how would you feel if somebody would suggest something like this??? I tell you would feel like discriminated...and you would ask only one thing...why is that the XYZ player has right to create a guild/ join a guild and i cant???

Troger

Edit: And i know that is pitty to see old great guilds to see dieing and to see tham that they dissapier from EL, but thats the way it is...If those guilds were really great and with big reputation theire legend shall live forever...

Edited by Troger

Grouth_Braath has a particular point. Not so good English :D , but he is a team player and part of the community!

Guilds are the best place for players who want to learn the game but are confused by bad advice, foolishness, language difficulties, and too many suggestions. If guilds take in new players for training or Internationally affected camaraderie I think that is fine. At the same time, the game does require English as the "Lingua Franca" in public Channels and local talk. Personally I have no problem with multi-lingual chat in local when it is game-related and not paragraphs of chit-chat.

The International use of EL is a great thing! It also frightens people (particularly us close-minded Yankees) into thinking a conspiracy is taking place (as if we would ever bother to learn someone else's language :) .) This can cause worry, and has, since religion was invented... maybe we can share our enjoyment of a very well designed game and ignore all that petty stuff.

Meanwhile, this thread wasn't particularly about Guilds, but about players. I'll make up something stupid as a catch phrase.......

Edit: Removed those last two lines, must have been allusive! They were meant sarcastically and directed toward noone currently in the game.... :)

Edited by Mugwump

guys..topic pls? use Pm or oftopic forum for those comments..^^