Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
TheComet

Ideas for new medallions and other items

Just got a series of ideas for some medallions and some other items while at school (first day, do nothing basically) I'm no crafter, so I can't give any ingredients suggestions

The Crafting ideas:

Medallion of Protection - +5 armor

Mage's Band - Heal, Remote Heal, Heal Summoned spells give +10 more health per cast

Berserker Medallion - +2 toughness, +2 defense, 5% chance of temporarily increasing toughness by 5 (similar to a MoL)

Ressurection Amulet - Summons lose half as much hp as normal

Conjurer's Medallion - minimum mana required to summon equals the final cost (IE: conjurer's cape+summoning arena making a summon's mana cost drop, so the cost in there is the minimum instead of the normal requirement)

The Engineering Ideas:

Health Station (or something similar to that) - A trap that increases healing in a 3X3 area by +3

Grindstone - Temporarily increases weapon damage (decreases like a potion would)

Torch (well, my take on it) - +10 perception while equipped, equipped as a shield *could use 1 log, 3 FE*

The Weapon Ideas:

Obsidion Claymore - A heavy 2 handed blade, 45-60 damage, -5 accuracy, -3 evasion, +7 critical to hit, +10 critical to damage

Matted Dagger - small black blade, 7-12 damage, +20 accuracy, +10 evasion

The Magic Ideas:

Mana Blast - drains half of your mana and delivers it as damage, experience is the amount of mana used*4, required magic level 35

Food to Ethereal - transfers 30 food to 15 mana, req level 25

Serenity - Cast on a monster, enemy will not attack you on sight for a minute unless MM ignoring, req level 30, takes 30 mana to cast, 150 base exp

ok so it was more than just medallions, I had nothing better to do in school rofl

These seem like a reasonably balanced bunch of suggestions at first glance.

I quite like the "torch" thing. Torches are usually suggested as light sources, which are not possible in this game engine. Now, linking them to perception modifiers is inspirational!

Carrying a torch means you are more visible as well (more than the perception modifier you get). In fact, rather than give you the perception modifier, it should up the visibility of all entities within a radius (decreasing with radius).

A torch could also add a small amount of fire damage, even off-handed, though it would have a high degrade chance.

I doubt it would come under "Engineering" (or any skill) though that skill seems to be a place to stick anything new at the moment.

I agree with trollson, there are some good idea's in that bunch :D

but by the torch, also make it so that you are more visible (because i mean your standing right next to the light :D )

Pretty much all very good ideas!

A little more armor bonus from the Medallion of Protection would be good though, not many people will sacrifice +4 to acc for only 1 extra armor point (see: moon med).

maybe +6 or +7 to Armor.

and doesnt anything "Berserker" usually increase hits/damage... not so much def/damage absorption? maybe a name change there.

Along the lines of the 'mage's band', I've always wanted to see something, like a bracelet of sorts, equipped in the weapon slot (so you can't use one with a weapon equipped) that would half the mana required for magic spells. Like the conjurer's cape for summoner's but for magicians.

Interesting ideas, all of them :D

Ohhh I like them, especially the med that allows +10 to healers :D

Items such as the healer medallion...

Equipped items, with limited slots, are there so that players have to make choices as to what item(s) they what to be using.

What lets this down is unrestricted equipment swapping.

For example: A medallion of healing is only needed when you are about to heal; and it is (currently) easy to swap medallions to fit your next action. This bypasses the need to make smart choices ahead of time.

For this and other reasons (from other suggestions), I am beginning to be of the opinion that we need a equip/unequip cooldown timer.

oooo that would be bad. imagine boxing fluffs outside in imbrog, just replaced a piece of armor the fluff broke, then a pk-er (who waited for that moment) busts out of invis and attacks. then the one boxing fluffs can't equip a sword to protect themself.

I quite like the "torch" thing. Torches are usually suggested as light sources, which are not possible in this game engine.

EC effects have lights. Those lights just don't cast shadows.

agrred on the medallion of protection, I forgot that moon medallions are +4 to armor not +2, so maybe like +8 armor?