Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
kailomonkey

Dungeon (mm ignoring) and more

Some MM ignoring ideas

I have compiled afew ideas here that pertain to MM ignorant creatures, so that they might not spam the Suggestions forum. There are three, and the first is part reply to many issues so is much longer. So if you bore easily, just skip to the second and third ideas which are much more plausible too (as would require less work compared to use).

Dungeon

Hi, I'm sorry this overlaps with previous topics and isn't the most foreseeable suggestion. But in replying to another topic ( http://www.eternal-lands.com/forum/index.p...st&p=381974 ) I found that the extension of the idea appeared to be a suggestion of its own. So to remove from the clutter of that topic, I continued it here.

...idea for a long time now where players can enter a dungeon and effectively embark on a solo-adventure from beginning to end. The creatures inside being MM ignoring and rising in difficulty as you progress through the dungeon.

However, my idea had lots of holes in it. For one thing, the rising levels of monsters only really works in the game as a whole, since the ability to combat the next creature takes alot of time leveling to achieve. Whereas a game that would be played over the course of an hour would expect the player's character (or player him/herself) to rise in combat ability much quicker.

This could be solved by (that is, if the programming behind it was worth implementing) each player entering having the creatures adjusted to be around the same level, with some stronger and many weaker. To avoid the complications of those who bring good armour, lots of magic, potions and medalions... and to make a dungeon to beat that is as achievable to anyone equally: When you enter, all your belongings could be sent to storage. And when you die/beam etc all items found in the dungeon could be returned to nothing.

What items? Well one way to allow increased monster strength within the dungeon itself (by small amounts) would be to have armour and special equipment hidden in the dungeon (held by a particular creature or aquired by USEing a certain piece of scenery [ie searching inside a box or under a bed]). This would probably require that Nexuses be void in the dungeon, and that magic spells be somehow in scroll form rather than dependent on Sigils and Essences, if it was to be equal to all.

Why make it equal to all? Well the more equal it is to all players, the more it will test the players actual abilities... There can ofcourse be shortcuts and secrets that those who have been some way through the dungeon will learn to use to their advantage, finding keys and such could also be required, which would become easier on later attempts.

If the idea of a dungeon that is possible to all doesn't appeal, there could be a selection of difficulty level of creatures. Why challenge yourself to this quest? And why at higher levels? Fame!

On the website there could be an automated list of who has completed the dungeon at each level (and who has attempted it at each level, to embarass anyone high-leveled who plays through it at level 1 to find all the secrets :icon13: )

Yes, the spoiler is an annoying flaw that occurs in most all gaming. The challenge would hopefully be that the creatures would vary in strength, some being likely fatal, and only limited opportunities to heal. As a whole, this idea is wanting to remove all player abilities and skills, which is really just making a solo adventure game using the EL coding, so it is not likely to be worth implementing.

#Day of Agression

Today, Mortos has laid his hand upon all creatures of Draia making them more aggressive.

Version 1: All creatures will attack any player on sight today, due to Mortos' new-found influence on the astro plains.

Version 2: The Monster Magnetism perk will not work today, due to Mortos' new-found influence on the astro plains.

Why?

Version 1

Just for the fun of being attacked by a rabbit, a tiger, a leprechaun! Just for one in-game day. Also to see what draia would do if the dangerous maps really were dangerous for a day.

Version 2

Just for the fun of being attacked for those with MM perk, just for one in-game day. Those of us that have it take it for granted!

Dragon of the Underworld

Originally nicknamed Dragon of the C3 Underworld (simply because it is a new idea, not because of any hope for an actual C3) the MM ignoring dragon wanders around the underworld (probably C2) and eats people who have only recently died!

This will be a pain if you died in your best armour with only one rostogol stone, but it isn't that ebul I promise. The idea being that several routes be made to the underworld exit (2-4 perhaps) and rather than blindly map-walking to the exit, you will have to be on the look-out for The Dragon in your path. If you see it, just avoid it by taking another route out.

The dragon could be bigger and near impossible to kill (since its purpose is mainly just to squish everyone)? I'd suggest a black one because it's way more ebul, but red would work too.

Sorry, I've never died with 2 rosto. Either way, the dragon is not intended to be avoided by additional rosto, but by being alert on the way through the uinderworld, making it more of a hassel to be there.

Thanks for reading

To Anshar: Thankyou, I will avoid creating messy webs in future. I did attempt to explain why I did so, and I had no mallicious intent. I appreciate it might have looked that way, sorry. I didn't explain why the New Day post ended up somewhere else, but I simply came across the New Day Suggestions topic after I had posted the 3 ideas. If it will help I could edit all posts to make them stand-alone, and remove all links. Most of them I only included for completeness, akin to citation.

Edited by kailomonkey

This will be a pain if you died in your best armour with only one rostogol stone

Quick Question:

If you have more than one rosto in your inventory they ALL poof on death anyway. (Or am I wrong) ;)

Just wonder. Do you think that suggesting the same thing in as many topics as possible makes it more likely to be implemented?

You've suggested "Day of Agression" also here. Where I have commented it. It looks like forum trolling and boosting number of you posts. Also it is rather difficult to follow it and see all comments to your iidea.

But in replying to another topic

Easier would be just posting there and not creating link-web all over the forums.

However, my idea had lots of holes in it.

Try posting after you do something to fill them? It is truth, though. There is quite many holes in your idea. Generally nice, in details it is rather poor. Requires lots of coding (and we are short on coders), it's messy.

If the dungeon is the same for everybody there will be spoilers in guild forums in no time. There will be no fame for people going through it, just stuff (if at all), and making it more difficult with choseable creatures level doesn't change a thing.

I will not repeat my doubts about your second idea, just because you happen to post it in more appropriate thread (Day Idea) where I did put my comments.

Two suggestions from my side:

1. Stop posting the same idea in 10 places and avoid creating spider web of links to your own posts in 10 other places. Post all your thoughts in one post as it is easier to follow.

2. Think a bit longer before posting anything, so your ideas have less holes than Swiss cheese in them.

As far as i know dungeons are something like that: You enter to a place like carmien manor. The area is multi and mobs don't ignore u. If we say that its a dungeons for 60's then the player will have to face many ogres at the same time that can mana drain u,mana burn you, some of them may have mirror skin perk,evanescence, bp perk, i glow in the dark, self destruct etc.

The area has good drops but its impossible for a 60's player to make it alone.

The deeper you go to the dungeon the harder the mobs become.