Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
(Athosino)

Linux Live CD

Ummm, I am downloading dynebolic Linux Live CD, and I have installed Windows XP. Can I be sure it don't will trash my harddrive/BIOS or it will do somethink bad with my HDD/BIOS?

It's unlikely that it'll touch your BIOS or hard drive, Athosino. Unless you explicitly tell it to format the HDD, of course. If you're going to try it out, let me know what you think of it. I've wanted to try dyne:bolic, but I'm too lazy.

Um....

knock knock anything in head:)?

Realitycheck - it's a LIVE CD! :)

which means (in 99% of cases) no need for hard disk @ all, u boot it from CD ROM, you can of course install it but if u just want to test if your hardware is compatible with linux you can just boot it from CD and check, no need 2 install anything :).

Yes, ive got a copy, its fun to take to school and scare teachers (not that I have done it) Its also a very good way of testing out Linux, but believe me linux is so much better than Dynebolic. Suse 9.0 for example is so smooth! I only have a basic understanding of linux and I was able to get it up in running in about 1 1/2 hours (including install time) try out Dynebolic, it has some illegal software on it I belive (Freecraft for example), but it works.