Eternal Lands Official Forums
Wynand

Hmmm... i cant log on.. hope im not banned?

Aight... ive restarted my internet connection 3 times, rebooted once, re-opened EL a few times, and tried 3 different chars, ive also tried making a new char but that doesnt work either (i can go into making the char in that other map, but not register it), ive also tried connecting from another PC. I can also use MSN messenger/internet explorer/other games,ive also spoken to someone else from EL in MSN who has no problems logging in.... so im getting the idea im banned... if so ... WHY?

I have recently made a new alt, one which i am training for DP arena, he's called HydraK... my main char is called St_ArcaNe... Soldus once tele'd to my new char to ask why i am running two clients, and i explained to him my intentions, he said its fine, just dont let them interact with each other (I.E. dont trade,pk,mule,bagwatch etc.)... i already knew that, and i havnt done anything of the sort... last night i logged off and everything was still fine, but this afternoon when i tried to log on, the 1st paragraph happened... now i can understand there could be a mistake made somewhere, so i shall try to remain calm and friendly... now... WHY AM I BANNED?

If this mistake is somehow a hardware/software failure from MY side, then i deeply appologise... but it seems unlikely.

Aight... ive restarted my internet connection 3 times, rebooted once, re-opened EL a few times, and tried 3 different chars, ive also tried making a new char but that doesnt work either (i can go into making the char in that other map, but not register it), ive also tried connecting from another PC. I can also use MSN messenger/internet explorer/other games,ive also spoken to someone else from EL in MSN who has no problems logging in.... so im getting the idea im banned... if so ... WHY?

I have recently made a new alt, one which i am training for DP arena, he's called HydraK... my main char is called St_ArcaNe... Soldus once tele'd to my new char to ask why i am running two clients, and i explained to him my intentions, he said its fine, just dont let them interact with each other (I.E. dont trade,pk,mule,bagwatch etc.)... i already knew that, and i havnt done anything of the sort... last night i logged off and everything was still fine, but this afternoon when i tried to log on, the 1st paragraph happened... now i can understand there could be a mistake made somewhere, so i shall try to remain calm and friendly... now... WHY AM I BANNED?

If this mistake is somehow a hardware/software failure from MY side, then i deeply appologise... but it seems unlikely.

You aren't banned or locked. Nothing in our logs showing you attempted to get in recently. Sounds like a problem closer to you.

Better find out what you installed during the last hours on your comp instead of reinstalling EL.

Like a firewall, virus scanner and such.

That may be the reason for your login problem.

Piper

Hmm ive reinstalled EL, and ive checked all my potential firewalls, none are active... i have also not installed anything recently, nor has my windows updated.

What i have discovered is i can log into the test server, but i do not get that green message when i log into the normal server... if i wait long enough it gives that pink message of 'cant connect to server :laugh:'.

if any mod wants to help please come to the test server, i shall give u my account password if you want to try log into the normal server.

If you can log into the test server but not the main server it sounds like something between you and the server is blocking port 2000. Giving out your login credentials to mods (or others) won't help the situation.

You aren't banned or locked. Nothing in our logs showing you attempted to get in recently. Sounds like a problem closer to you.

And there you go: Something stops you to even reach the EL server.

Are you playing via a network? If yes, ask the ebul admins, if they blocked port 2000 lately.

If no, i would blame your ISP blocking port 2000 for any unknown reasons, so you should contact your ISP and ask.

(if you want a final proof that you cant connect to port 2000, do this:

Open a dos box, cmd line or however you will call it and type

telnet the-green-leaf.de 2000

and you will *NOT* see a welcome message. So something blocks port 2000 for you)

Piper

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.