Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Lexi

It's All About Lexi

The title's lame, but hey... some books have pretty "weird" titles.

***NOTE*** I recently had my name changed from JrCreations to Lexi, I will just change character's name to Lexi (as I was writing it when I was Jr).

List of Characters in this part;

Lexi- ME, the main character, what's said in this story is partcially true, and mostly made up.

Calla- My mother and my guide! As a new player, Lexi's mother Calla, had raised her, teaching her basic trainings,

like harvesting.

The Elder- a made up character to make the story more "exciting?".

Donito- 1 of 4 of The Elder's captives, he is the only one that speaks with Lexi during

their capture. The other 2 captives are not mentioned hardly at all.

Part 1; CAPTURED!

Lexi's mother, Calla sent her out to get some Snapdragons and Roses so she can start

making Fire Essences. She sent her off filling Lexi's bag with a few loaves of bread

and 15 cooked meats. Waving goodbye, Lexi aboarded the White Stone boat that led to IP.

She skipped along Isla Prima, killing a bunny or a rat occasionally along her way. She

also often looked in bags that she came acrossed, hoping to claim some unwanted bones

and meat. ((OOC; yes even then I collected bones!!!!!))

Lexi found her favorite Snap Dragon harvest near the Beam, she loved to go there, and watch

all the people come back from the Underground. Most of them grumbled curses about being

PKed and losing their stuff, she found this highly amusing. But she also enjoyed watching

the new player sales going on, she had already figured most people who sold or bought from new

players made a real good bundle.

As she looked up from her flower picking she saw an Older Human walking around collecting new

players, she had been warned from Calla about this man, this man scammed players frequently,

especially new ones.

He scanned the area, walking slowly around the beam, he pulled a rope in his left hand, and held

a staff in his right. Behind him, 3 players held on to it, hoping for a place to call home,

for food, shelter, and money that the Elder promised them. Impatiently he yanked the rope harder.

"You 3 are the only one I can collect today! What is the big deal?!" he demanded to them.

"What about that girl, sir?" a young man called out and pointed to Lexi.

Lexi raised her eyebrows in fury and quickly looked away, picking the Snaps as fast as she could.

Wasn't fast enough... A shadow casted over her and her flowers. Swallowing hard, she peered up.

The Elder tapped his staff. "Little One, what are you doing?" he asked, so seemingly kind.

She looked away again. "Picking flowers for my mother." she stated in a quiet voice.

"How would you like to be RICH?!" he asked her quickly.

"I am not interested, thank you." She gathered her bag and got up.

"No, you will, trust me!" with that, he wrapped her wrist with his rope.

She pulled in surprised and gave a shout "What are you doing?!" her eyes narrowed

sinking in what just happened.

"Shhh, we're going to Valley of the Dwarfs!" he hustled and started leading his pack.

She watched as the other 3 followed willingly. She stood there, shocked, then was yanked to follow.

She started to knaw at the rope with her teeth trying to cut loose the tie The Elder put around her wrist.

She was wishing Calla had supplied her with a sword, but she was told she was too weak to carry it.

No one seemed to noticed her screams as they aboarded the ship to WS, no one seemed to care.

They must have been too busy in their own lives. Or maybe they just didn't care about a little

dwarf, whom most sought out to being ugly little creatures.

They aboarded the boat, and after the Elder had a quick and quiet talk to the captain he lead them

down a hall where dozens of rooms nested at. Grabbing a set of keys and fussing through them,

he pulled out the one he needed, shoved it in the lock and opened the door. "We stay here

until we get to Valley of The Dwarves." he informed, closing the door behind them.

The room contained of 6 beds, along the wall, 2 feet apart from one another, a dozen chairs

with footstools, 3 tables and 4 shelves of books. Lexi's eyes ran acrossed the titles with curiosity.

With her "free hand" she reached for "The book of Spells for Beginners."

The Elder's hand covered her's "Those aren't our property, Miss." he said calmly. She nodded in

understandment and took a seat.

After a nice meal of Veggies and Deer Steaks, The Elder had given his "catives" some new armor

he had bought from traders on the boat. As he shoved them in their arms one by one he spoke,

"These well help you on your next journey." Lexi gave him a puzzled look. He held up his hand

as to shush her if she was talking, "Put them on, put them on, hurry,we'll need a good

impression!" She could smell the fresh leather, it was definately new. Confused as to why

The Elder would give them new Augmented Leather was beyond her, she barely had enough gold coins

to get some herself. Putting the thought of her poor life aside, she pulled the armor over her

head. Settling in it, she smiled and gave out a warm sigh "Wow, these are comfortable!"

The boy next to her in line whom Lexi knew as "Donito" agreed with her, "Yes, I was

given a pair, yesterday, but they broke soon after I used them, but they are nice!"

Lexi said nothing to him, she preferred not to talk to anyone. She hated socializing.

The only person she talked to was her mother. Would she see Calla again? Of course, she thought,

Calla goes everywhere! Calla loved to explore, and harvest, although she did some alchemying,

her best skill was harvesting. She had shown Lexi some good secrets, including the Ant "hill".

Torn from her thoughts, Lexi felt a numbness in her wrist. Observing the scene, she realized,

the rope was tightening as The Elder pulled his crew toward the boat's exit.

"Come come!" he said impatiently. "We must get to Molgar quickly before others do!"

This is it, it always takes me a long time to write stories, cause I get writers block, if it's not good, it's because I normally don't write like this, I have a certain style, and I don't think this is it. My style; Drama, not Adventure. :D

Please tell me what you think, I will release the next part as soon as I write it :devlish:

Also, my stories always seem fast paced, I hate writing a 3 page explaination on the Main Character's life, I like to explain when it's needed :D (which makes a horrible book sometimes).

Nice lexi, I like it. ;)

As for the ending, imo it is a very good one. It gives you the sense of a continuing story, that life goes on despite the fact you are no longer writing about it. Yes it is kinda a sudden ending, but many books I've read have similar ones. Thats my opinion though.

Oh, yes, I plan a second part, this was just the beginning of Lexi's adventure.

Thanks for the compliments, it really gives me a reason to continue on the next part, but as I said, it takes me a while, as I get writers block.

If anyone would like to see a different story that is not related to EL, that I have been working on for 3 years, give me a pm, I would gladly show you it :P

Okay, here is the 2nd part. It's not as long (I do not believe).

PART 2; SOLD TO THE DWARF ON THE BOX

Strangers shoved Lexi as they hurried off the boat. Shouts stung her ears in the chaos.

She assumed she would be used to this. She went on this boat several times a week.

But, she never was. Since she was smaller than 75% of the people here, they just trumpled

over the top of her! Not a care in Draia.

A young Elf came whistling by, shouting at his mother with such demand. After a scold,

the mother grabbed him by the hand and they disappeared in the crowd.

A male Human with a deep voice, was trying to sing. Lexi wenced. She seen this guy everytime

she came to VOTD. Often, people would toss him coins telling him to shut his trap. Lexi really

wished he would.

The Elder had led them off the docks, a short walk would bring them in the tiny town ahead.

Rabbits, beavers, and other animals kept trying to trip them. The Elder cursed and kicked

a rabbit. It squealed then attacked him. It didn't take long for him to beat it to death.

In which, he left it there to rot.

Lexi looked back at it with sarrow, even though she killed rabbits all the time, she was

dissappointed with The Elder on how he had killed it. It took everything in her gut to

not pick up the rabbit's remains.

They approached the Town. Lexi couldn't concentrate much, because of all the different

conversations that rang in her ears.

Then a begger pulled on her armor. "Get off me!" she hissed and pushed him to the ground.

"You're mean, I just want gold!!" he cried.

"Get your own!" she returned.

The Elder had been too busy to notice the begger until now. He looked at the begger

with curious eyes. "Ah, you are looking to be rich, heh?" he asked.

The begger arose from the ground, nodding with eager he said; "Do you have anything to

give me? Please?!!!"

The Elder nodded and pulled a coin from his bag, he handed the begger it. "Now, I will

be in Isla Prima tomorrow morning, I want you to gather 3 friends of your's, I will give

you more then, okay?"

The begger's eyes widened with glee as he took the coin. "Yes, thank you!" he then

took off running screaming a name with excitement.

"Now then," began The Elder, as he folded his bag back up. "on to business."

They waited impatiently at the storage keeper, Molgar, who was a darling, kind Dwarf, that

stood all day long on a box, shouting to people so he could be heard.

Finally, he waved The Elder over. "Ah, Elder, good to see you, me boy, what have you brought

me?"

"Take your pick, pal, fresh out of IP! They look strong, don't they? You could use a little

help, right?" The Elder shoved his 4 captives toward Molgar so he could see them.

"Mmmhmm, me last boy disappeared, I think he got lost in the Underworld. So, yes, I am a little

short on help around here, VOTD seems to get busier and busier everyday." the dwarf frowned

as he spoke.

"So, which one will you buy?" The Elder quickly pressed, growing impatient.

"Ah, I fancy dwarves like myself, I shall take the dwarf miss." Molgar pointed to Lexi.

"Good, good!" The Elder untied Lexi from his line of rope, then held out his hand to

collect his pay."

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Love them sudden "endings". :hug:

Thanks a bunch, Enly! :hug: It will be a while before another part, though.

I look forward to it lexi, and im glad you decided to post this one :hug: don't let anybody discourage you