Sign in to follow this  
Roja

Move VOTD storage

Should we move VOTD storage?  

2 members have voted

1. 1. Should we move VOTD storage?

• Yes!
    • No!

Ok I'm REALLY getting sick of all the summoners at votd storage. It's a pain in the ass if you just want to use the storage and get overwhelmed by not only the crowd that's already there, but snakes/rats/gargoyles now too!

I was thinking of moving the votd south, to a "soon to come" map, Nordcarn. This will balance out the distance a bit better, because right now votd is the closest storage, so it's the first one people go to it seems.

Anyway, It's a short walk to nordcarn, but it's also a short walk to DP, and portland...so i think the distance would be abotu equal for all of them then. I dont know if this will solve the problem, but perhaps make it a bit better.

If anyone has other suggestions let's hear them!

Hmmm... reasonably close to the gold mine and to WSC. I quite like this idea, in fact. But I fail to see how this will prevent people from summoning there. Or do you think less people will go there if you move it?

You and Entropy really have a tendency to solve the wrong problems... :) Moving the storage to WSC would make it a more popular map but won't solve the summoning problems. How about making another mine and storage in WSC.. that would really help.

there will be a mine in WSC....also, nordcarn is right above ws. We are thinking of making a path to ws from nordcarn, so the storage will be too close to put another one in WSC....then again, more storages might be a good idea too, even if they are close.

The real 'problem' is that VOTD is the only storage where u can withdraw and make at the same time. No other storage has that option. Heck I dont mind to take a walk so I can do some gargs in short time :lol:

I like it to be in WSC. Pretty much near the teleport from the ring. It is a bit strange that the biggest city has no storage. Maybe you can make it inside the 'bank' building that is already there. And make it impossible to do any summoning inside.

why must you guys always choose the most annoying solutions to problems?!

its simple, make another storage person where you can summon from, im not happy with summoning at VOTD (im a culprit yes), but its the easiest way. id be more than happy to trek to a remote area where i could summon and not disturb people. so instead of moving the problem, solve it, add another storage in the middle of nowhere where you may summon while still having the window to withdraw/deposit items open.

also the reason there are so many people at VOTD is because it is so close to both the pub (for wine) and the flower shop, a potion makers dream. to solve this problem allow food to be deposited/withdrawn at portland, i would gladly buy all the wine i need at portland which would help spread the people out.

moving molgor will not reduce trafic flow as this is the only storage close to both wine and flowers. DP is a monster trek and portland has no food option.

It seems that the reason for the popularity of votd storage is the convenience of having a gs, tavern, flowershop and storage all close by for the potion makers, summoners, etc...

How about leaving it as is but making another storage somewhere equally convenient to the docks in another map?

What about putting Molgor inside a building, still at Mynadar ? I think there are two places in the dwarven town, one next to flower shop, the other next to general store, that could be used to that end.

Then we keep the storage at VotD, and we separate storage users and summoners or skill trainers...

( Winfield's idea looks good to me, too... )

I have no idea why you can't deposit food and such at portland storage...that's just stupid from what i can see, no one goes there in the first place :P

Yeah i think the storage is too close to a wide range of resources(all those shops, and all the animals that are on that map). Not to mention it's also in a slightly enclosed area(the walls around the storage guy), which makes it a problem when summoning because the monsters usually stay around that area! The summoning thing should be allowed at a storage that's in an open area. Not something so crowded as this place, or inside a building.

Well actually I am at the portland storage right now lol, just to avoid the summoning and lagging. Its actually very nice, except for the food problem. *grins So somebody does go there! :lol:

I have no idea why you can't deposit food and such at portland storage...that's just stupid from what i can see, no one goes there in the first place

if you could deposit food there would be a much greater use of the place which would take a lot of pressure off VOTD, portland storage is just as convenient to go to as VOTD storage but no one goes there because they cant deposit any food. dont suppose you can change this Roja? or is it Entropy's deal?

I have asked him about that before. he said something like it's a balance because you can do potion there i think???? well, i'll see if i can get him to change it.

I've got a question for everyone....what do other games do about this? other MMORPG's of course...???

I don't know about other real-time games. I know one turn-based game that allows guilds to build their own towns with a huge storage (practically unlimited storage allowed). You just have to be on town spot and to have the rights to access storage.

...you got summoners, people manufacturing going back and forth, gold miners going back and forth, and people killing wolves and gobs all in this little area of the map...

and you have a bear spawn on the other side and they come venturing into the storage area...

like i said in the other post about this...extend the map some...if its possible...

I agree with WinfieldBlue...if the Portland storage was a full use storage, (and maybe if you even added a flowershop there :lol: ), I am sure it would get a lot more use. It is conveniently close to the docks and there is a tavern and general store close by.

i stick with my old idea, only having 1 storage summonable and manuable and alchable like VOTD one but not in VOTD, move the VOTD on to one of the forts in KF, if they want to summon at storage they can take the risks

Well it isn't letting me make potions there, thats what I am doing right now and I have to leave storage to do so.

Suggestions:

1. Remove VOTD storage completely the map is used enuff already for hunting / fighting.

2. Make DP storage a place where u can only do potions/alchemy/manu, NO summoning

3. DO enable food option please for Portland so that it also becomes attractive to do potions/alchemy/manu here.

4. Make a Storage in Grahms village or Evergreen Woods where u can do ONLY summonings in the near surroundings.

This way u get 3 storages. 2 for potions/manu/alch people and 1 for summoners. Depending on the amount of people using the storages there could be a new storage in WSC.

Also make it that people cannot come close to the storage person or that they go sit automatically after few seconds when they are close to the storage guy.

I've got a question for everyone....what do other games do about this? other MMORPG's of course...???

Well, in Everquest, as long as you have everything you need, you can do what you need to do at the bank, but a lot of things, if you decide not to buy a spit or a beer barrel, you have to find those spots in the city to make drinks or food...

Erm...a lot of things, you need certain boxes to make items...fletching kit for bows and arrows and darts...Spit or other cooking item to make food...

We don't have just one box for manufacturing, we have several, and you have to buy them...you CAN use them as storage on your self, though...which would be handy for somethings in game, like potions...my gnome in EQ carries 4 backpacks and a toolkit, and each backpack holds 8 items, the toolkit, if opened a certain way, holds 8 items, my wrist pouch holds 4 items, but they have to be small...something like this could help with the potions that don't stack, but I still get encumbered in EQ when I'm carrying too much...it pulls down my Agility but I can still move...

So, Um...to answer your question Roja...EQ really doesn't do anything about it...you either have that box to make that item or you don't...you can do it at the bank if you want...but there are tons of people standing outside the bank which still lags down the screen a ton when you have to go to the bank because people cast group spells there, which is helpful to everyone the spell will stick to...But...you can do anything and everything at the bank/storage in EQ :P

EDIT: Forgot to add, the storage on EQ is very limited, too...you can put in as much money as you want, but items are limited, unless you have your storage full of backpacks or tool boxes w/ 8 slots each item...except of the items that won't fit in bags/toolboxes. We should be glad for the amount of storage we even have...LOL

BTW, I never had a problem w/ walking away from storage either...just the summoning around it does get annoying..

me and ent were thinking of having places that you go to to lvl up. they would be like... a blacksmith place for manufacturing swords and such, if you went there, you'd pay a small fee, but you'd get more exp than normal er something(we're still thinking about it). or a laboratory for potion making, etc..

so this might also limit people at the storages

I see, sort of like the guilds in R*nesc*pe but you have to pay to get in instead of having a cirtain level, i like it, maybe 50k to get in (1 time only e.g. 50k everytime you want to go in) i love the idea :)