Eternal Lands Official Forums
Zipher

Acid Rain

Well i was in south redmoon and i was harvesting wormwood with my crown of life on and my excavtor cape and all the sudden my exc cape just vanishes it said it was raining and sence i want paying attention i guessed it rained for like 10 secs and stoped... so there i was with only my COL on and then my COL gets degraded! i was paying attention when that happened and i never saw the rain and just to make sure i turned up the volume ALL the way and i didn't hear rain so i lost my stuff because it wasn't raining...and that ISN'T RIGHT!

like the CEL maps?

Install those *only* after having tested a fresh install and confirmed it works correctly, and making a backup of your maps directory so you don't create the same problem again.

well then i SHOULD have the offical client... becasue i only have CEl maps..

Yes, but if you copied your old maps directory over your new one then your maps will be broken because you will have overwritten the wrong files. Therefore you don't have an "official" client.

If you want to copy your tab maps you must be very careful to only copy the .bmp files!

.elm files are the EL maps and they do change between updates. If you have the wrong .elm files you can be banned from the forums or even the game in extreme circumstances.

well didnt copy them over i re-downloaded them so therefore i have the offical client

If you are using CEL maps with the official client ... you are no longer using the official client. The CEL maps are an unofficial addition.

well then you should have better "offical" maps then we wouldnt have this problem and how could differnt maps affect rain...i eman that dosnt make sence...

well then you should have better "offical" maps then we wouldnt have this problem and how could differnt maps affect rain...i eman that dosnt make sence...

This thread isn't isn't about any actual cause/effect relationship and if having bad maps can have any effect on the original problem (acid rain). It's about policy. The devs don't have the time to try and figure out what changes would or would not effect some particular bug. So it's policy - only report bugs with the official client. Since the thread Entropy referenced indicated that you had map problems that pointed to having the wrong map files in place, the policy was invoked.

In fact, special .bmp files probably won't have any effects on the client, but a poor installation of them WILL. And the devs don't have the time to debug your installation. So, non-standard client (including all support files) - no help with reported bugs.

[Devs, if I miss-stated the situation, please correct me for everyone's education.]

so just about every dosnt have the "offical client"??

I'd guess that most people DO have the official client. I don't think the custom guild maps are that widely used (when you look at the EL population as a whole). Remember that many people aren't comfortable with downloading and unpacking files into a directory to modify a program (many people aren't even comfortable with a basic file change to get to the test server).

Edited by bkc56

well every1 i know have CEL maps or the *R* maps...

"(I don't think the custom guild maps are that widely used (when you look at the EL population as a whole) "

is probly becasue they dont know about it... if you metionsed it they would probly get it....

and OMG i dont know how to spell heheheh ;)