Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
pita

3d-models needed?

hi!

i work with 3d-cad-programms as a semi-pro ;P and was wondering if you need some 3d-models.

i can provide 3d-models of "dead" things - means no organic surfaces - like houses, stuff in the area and such.

since i work as a cad-modeler i aint got no experience in rendering or creating fancy surfaces and effects - i just make models in certain formats (step, iges,...).

so if ya interested in my service, just leave me a pm in the forum or a message right here

greetz

pita

Well first you'd have to show that you can make stuff well..so a website link would be helpful, or a picture gallery. And you'd have to be able to do all steps, not just modeling, but also texturing. All the stuff needs to be done in blender.

hm, i aint got no website or gallery since i mostly do technical models and drawings for my company ;P

but ill see if i can provide some basic models - w/o textures. i will have access to my work-pc in about 1 week and then ill think of some models and post here again

i not very familiar with blenders - just tested it for a short time. but i think if i could help with my models, i could learn to texture :D

greetz

Well you can't just "make models" You'd have to make specific models...and you have to have experience texturing :D It takes quite a bit of time to learn how to prepare models for a game. And texturing can take years to learn how to paint & draw properly..it's not something you can pick up in a day.

It takes quite a bit of time to learn how to prepare models for a game. And texturing can take years to learn how to paint & draw properly..it's not something you can pick up in a day.

So true. I also use a 3d mechanical design package and have tried to use Blender and other artistic modeling software and it uses a totally different method of modeling than mechanical packages. And like Roja said, texturing takes alot of skill and then you throw in the proper use of lighting.

Hats off to those of you in the artistic modeling world.

I completely agree. I'm sure a lot of mechanical designers are like me - much too anal about getting it down to the .0001

I've tried Blender. I'm extremely impressed by the ones that can make such good lo-poly models.