Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Entropy

Predownload the Update!

Ok, the update is ready to be predownloaded:

http://www.bu11.eu/EL-Mirror/downloads/el_140_install.exe

http://el.beplacid.com/downloads/el_140_install.exe

ZIp: (for those that want their own CVS) http://el.beplacid.com/downloads/el_install.zip

Because there were lots of changes, particularly to the object format, there is no update patch, we only have the total install thing.

The instructions are simple: Once the server update is done (in a few days, probably this weekend), you will need to delete all your el folder, except perhaps for your counters and settings and el.ini, and install this on that directory.

This update is not fully compatible with the current server, so you will need to wait, unless if you want to test on the test server, in which case you should install it in a new folder. Those who wish to test, please let us know about the problems.

The Linux and OSX verisons will be available soon.

This update is not fully compatible with the current server, so you will need to wait
Since some people haven't read this, I want to make it clearer...

Do not use this until the server is updated. You'll know because your current client can't connect.

If you do use this early, do not report bugs to us, because you were the one who caused the problem (Maybe a bug report is warranted, but not to us... ahem)

Yes, I've already had someone say there was a "huge" mapbug on @@20. Because they can't read.

*sits down at storage with his 150k branches ready to make ashes*

edit: did i mention i cant wait :)

Edited by Happy_G

erm... hate to say it but how about the linux client ??

i cant compile cvs so i have to use the binary, i have not seen any announcement of those or have i missed something ?

The Linux client doesn't have to be predownloaded, because we don't have that many Linux users.

We are working at the Linux client right now, Learner has some trouble providing a static bin.

I read two books of engineering and they do not appear to me in white in my stats.

why?

the book are:

book of nails & book of rope

pls, tell me because don`t appear.

Edited by Issax

there was a previously reported bug about that. when you finish reading a book, it'd be set white, but when you log back in only the first however many were properly set. ent was going to fix that for the server, I'm assuming that will happen when the update rolls over

So do we delete all of our EL folder except counters and chatlog+error_log?

The instructions are simple: Once the server update is done (in a few days, probably this weekend), you will need to delete all your el folder, except perhaps for your counters and settings and el.ini, and install this on that directory.

Please read.. :/

you can keep chatlog... errorlog you may as well wipe, because there's little point keeping it.

keep the following files:

*.elm.txt

counters_*

notes.xml

chat_log.txt

spells_*

you can keep chatlog... errorlog you may as well wipe, because there's little point keeping it.

keep the following files:

*.elm.txt

counters_*

notes.xml

chat_log.txt

spells_*

And important file you want keep :

local_ignores.txt