Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Thomas

Quest Event

ok well I have a small idea for an event. Have it more like a quest. it will go like this. have a few TRUSTED individuals. These individuals will vollenteer their time to become player npcs on this event quest.

I can arrange it if some people will volenteer as player npcs for me :P it would be like the first person to finish the quest wins.

also I can have a diferent quest each month or something :D

Please apply here to become volenteer player npcs!

fine then! explain it in a way that can be understood what do you want me to say player things? player npc is the best way to put it because god forbid entropy wouldnt want to make new bots each month just for this.

I'll be a player npc or whatever you want to call it

If I manage to clone leeloo's bot over the break (I might not have the time, as I just got a job offer) I'd write it so that it would read a script (as an external file, so that the program could be resued easily) in order to interact with people for events like this. Since the server accepts multiple connections, I could run a few instances of it on my dedicated server box, and just let them play the whole time the event takes place, with no intervention from me. Of course, a project like that would go a lot faster with leeloo's help . . . :wink:

yay they unblocked the login page that was quite annoying

It seems this idea is good as alot of people sign up.

The basic story line is:

A monster of great power has been set free by ('insert name here')!

The monsters name is yatic he raged a war against man a millinia ago.

For years men fought and lost against this foul beast, until one man named ('insert name here') beat the beast. He will always be remembered as a hero of all. Now that the beast has returned it is up to us to save the eternal lands. 'do such and such here, finish quest.

I wont give away the rest of it or the quest will be too easy.

well :) wouldnt be that difficult, havent trainied my fighting since weeeeeks :P

well the story sounds easy .. :D what about some items you got to bring to one of those player-npcs ? and which monster do we use ? :D