Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Entropy

Client new file format test

im only getting 7kb/sec dl on 3.0 dsl.

also u said to report stuff for new client but i getting some wierd stuff using the current

wierd.JPG

that would be great for pkers hiding inn green errors if they dont have invisibility :) :)

The knowledge list is old, and it's not updating - last item on the list - Emerald Valley Ring. Last item in the normal client - Medallion of life building.

The knowledge list is old, and it's not updating - last item on the list - Emerald Valley Ring. Last item in the normal client - Medallion of life building.

Entropy did not include the knowledge list or enc from the auto update. You can copy your languages directory from the normal to the test client safely.

Some people will notice a map load time, others wont. The biggext differences will be on machines low on memory, slow hard drives, and loading a large map for the first time. People loading the same maps repeatedfly with lots of memory and fast systems wont notice much of a difference.

not sure if this is a 2d object problem, but i copied mine over like learner said to in order to fix that, so as long as that worked that shouldnt be my problem.

noplantreflection.jpg

old client/new client

edit and i checked bkc's bug 2. it happens on mine as well

Thanks, we have a fix for the reflection bug now.

toggling the 'frame buffer support' box under advanced vidio crashes my clienti turned it on, then off to see the difference (about 2 seconds between each click) then back on which is when it froze and crashed.

edit: nvm, it does this on the old client too (i forgot to test it there b4 posting) not sure if there is a way to fix that other than not clicking it 3 times

Edited by Happy_G

Download started: 2007/03/06 19:04:44

Download finished: 2007/03/06 19:05:45

603.6 kB/s :icon13:

I copied the 2dobjects\ground\*.2d0 files.

I removed the meshes\*.bmp files (except for the cape_learner.bmp), because they're also there as *.bmp.gz (only no cape_learner.bmp.gz).

All seems to be working fine, maps are loading nice'n'fast!

I crashed three times in a row though.. dunno why..

It was while mapwalking, and going out of console mode each time (twice in PL, one time in MM) -- dunno if it's related to the crashes.

(Besides the #cls crash I haven't experienced crashes the last months.)

i have tested the new client for 10+ hours since you released it, only other thing i have noticed so far is that it randomly crashes durring normal events. i crashed while trading at one point, and i crashed while map walking at another point and then once while harvesting.

ok, im still geting the random crashes that i never got with the old client (and still dont get with it) is there anyway i can go about figuring out what causes the crash so either i can fix it or if its a code problem you guys can?

and is anyone else randomly crashing.

Although it feels strange to say unfortunately, unfortunately I didn't crash anymore.

I only used the el.exe, I didn't try elc-e3d.exe yet.

The wood sprite is white to me (restart doesn't solve it, I didn't try a reinstall yet).

A few things:

• Last weekend, after being logged in for 12+ hours, my fps dropped significantly (from my usual 15-20 to 2-4) with the el.exe test client.
    It didn't improve without restarting the client.
    (After a long session, the official client can get me to grue when changing maps -- taking ages to load the map, memory usage sky-rocketing..)

• The crashes I get are most probably rain-related -- during the Sun Tzu day this week I kept crashing in South Kilaran when it was raining, when it cleared up I could play without crashing, and in the next cloudburst I kept crashing again.
    [edit: forgot to mention, this gives a "Got invalid sound number" message in the error_log.]
    (I switched back to the official client since then.)

• I also tried elc-e3d.exe, but with the mouse pointer's refresh rate dropping to the EL fps, I didn't want to stay there for more than a minute.

Edited by Mar(c)