Eternal Lands Official Forums
neversleep

Vial Breakage Conditions

I was thinking there should be conditions in which vials break/get lost, not just particular potions which retain them. If you are sitting on the grass simply making Essences, the idea is you aren't going to smash your vial after drinking; although if you are battling creatures/players you should probably loose the vial.

For example: If you have been fighting within the past ~10 minutes, (or in a PK area entirely), or wearing armor, taking care to keep your vials doesn't make much sense. Another means of determining loss could be based on your Potioning level; the higher the POT level, the better you are at working with/keeping your vials.

I like some of the ideas posted in a previous suggestion, especially a dexterity factor, though programming may not be easy in this case: http://www.eternal-lands.com/forum/index.p...90&hl=vials , and maybe potioning-level would make a better measure of if the vial is kept/lost. Washing in water essence doesn't make sense as it is cost/time-prohibitive; and I don't see many people using that versus manu-ing a vial.

This may make the potioning trade more attractive; and more life-like. Thoughts?? I'm liking the idea of being able to manu vials (hope to acquire the carrot soon).

-Ron

I like the idea of a more random form of vial retention. Something were sedentary vs. active states are considered. When you are mostly sedentary (sitting at storage mixing) the vial retention chance could be something like 75-80% as a base. This could be increased by the user's potion level (some portion thereof) and/or the user's dexterity. While in an active state (combat) the retention chance would drop to a base of something like 20-25%.

But for us potioners that would dramatically drop the cost of vials making it so that our potions are worth less. If your in a fight and u drink an SR what do u think u would do? I would throw it on the ground and forget about it. So your idea makes little since imo. :hug:

But for us potioners that would dramatically drop the cost of vials making it so that our potions are worth less. If your in a fight and u drink an SR what do u think u would do? I would throw it on the ground and forget about it. So your idea makes little since imo. :hug:

Yet if you're in a fight and drink a Mana Potion (not a Spirit Restoration) you get to keep the vial? Where is the sense in that? Likewise if I'm sitting casting shield and drink an SR I lose the vial? If I were sitting and simply casting shield, I would likely have been careful with my potion vial so I can reuse it.

I would be fine with nearly 100% loss of vial if you're in combat. However, if you're not in combat there should be a chance to retain the vial.

As for your argument about making vials less expensive, they are already a flat 5gc from the NPC. Even with the adjustment made to the mold's breakage rate it still pales in comparison. The tests my wife and I did with current vial molds indicates that they are likely to break within the first 500 vials made.