Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
smalul

What motives is this game based upon?

I did the wine quest, but didn´t catch the B5 ref. It's been a long time since I saw it. Guess I'll have to grab the DVD's :D

Just watch any episode from season 4 and then return to the wine NPC.

Edited by smalul

The first season is just like an introduction. In season 2 through 4 it gets much better.

True, but it's amazing the number of hints that are being dropped all along the way, stuff that will come up later as things get moving.

This is our second viewing of the series as we watched it in it's original 5-year run. But this is the first viewing for most of our kids.

Actually, the first time I watched the show, I started watching it around the middle of season 2.

Then when I got the DVDs, I was surprised on how coherent the story was from the beginning, how everything falls in place.

The first season is just like an introduction. In season 2 through 4 it gets much better.

True, but it's amazing the number of hints that are being dropped all along the way, stuff that will come up later as things get moving.

Ok, this is off-topic, but B5 is just very well written - everything was meant to fall into place at the end. It was actually planed to run for 4 seasons (the episode which showed what would happen in the future - 500, 1000 and 1000000 years into the future was meant to be the last), but people liked it so much, they've decided to add the fifth season. On the other hand, the spin off, Crusade, didn't do so well, and only lasted for 13 episodes (it wasn't aired here, so I didn't even see it).

It was actually planed to run for 4 seasons ... but people liked it so much, they've decided to add the fifth season.

This was talked about a LOT on various forums at the time.

The show was originally planned out for five seasons. There was a question during season 4 as to if it would get renewed for the 5th season so Michael Straczynski (series creator) had to adjust season 4 to finish the story should that be the last season. When season five was approved he went back to the original plan as much as he could considering most (if not all) of season 4 was already filmed.

Some people consider much of season 5 as filler because things had already been written to wrap up at the end of season 4. Clearly season 4 was stronger than season 5. I'll with hold judgement until I've seen the entire 5 years again off DVD.

It was actually planed to run for 4 seasons (the episode which showed what would happen in the future - 500, 1000 and 1000000 years into the future was meant to be the last), but people liked it so much, they've decided to add the fifth season.

Actually, no, that episode was the first of season 5.

The last episode of season 4 (and of the show as planned) was Sleeping in Light, then when season 5 was approved the quicly made an episode (the one with the future) and moved it at the end of season 4.

Okay .... just for the rest of you Babylon 5 freaks out there....

You will all owe me a drink at the pub for this delightful tidbit of information...

Our beloved B5 is not quite dead yet....

<hears a stunned hush fall across the crowd>

J. Michael Straczynski is CURRENTLY filming ....

Babylon 5: The Lost Tales <direct to DVD publication>

"...release date slated for the week of July 27th."

...and for a couple recent shots direct from Straczynski himself.

http://babylon5scripts.com/TLT-JMS-Photos.html

NOTE:

* Since these photos are from the private collection of J. Michael Straczynski, we kindly request that none of these photos be reproduced, downloaded or posted anywhere else, including non-commercial & fan websites. Thank you for understanding.

Edited by Ikaris

The show was originally planned out for five seasons. There was a question during season 4 as to if it would get renewed for the 5th season so Michael Straczynski (series creator) had to adjust season 4 to finish the story should that be the last season. When season five was approved he went back to the original plan as much as he could considering most (if not all) of season 4 was already filmed.

I guess I was wrong then.