Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Meldread

Character Building

I've been playing for about a week and I am trying to build my character to be the best he can possibly become - and yes I know I am charting out a long road. I need some advise from people who've been playing for awhile to tell me if my character is feasible.

I am attempting to build a hybrid character, one that can fight well in addition to having the ability to use magic. Below is my final build.

Physique 28

Coordination 32

Reasoning 4

Will 22

Instinct 4

Vitality 4

Health 125

Magic 104

Load 600

Skills:

80 Attack

80 Defense

55 Harvesting

60 Alchemy

50 Potions

61 Crafting

50 Magic

62 Manufacturing

75 Summoning

Now, let me explain how I intend to get where I want to eventually be - it begins with my current character in his current state. He will focus on the three primary attributes: Physique, Coordination and Will. He will focus primarily on Physique so that he can carry as much as possible and have the extra HP.

He will spend a total of 11 Nexus points on the following: 6 on Inorganic, 3 on Artificial and 2 on Human. He may spend others, but that is irrelevant and will do nothing but lower how much he can carry. His primary goal is to raise the following skills: Harvesting, Alchemy, Potions, Crafting and Manufacturing. He may also raise his magic skill along the way.

The primary goal is to be able to harvest Hydrogenium Ore, which can then be created into Hydrogenium Bars, which then will be used to purchase Nexus Points. There are approximately 36 Nexus points needed to learn every skill and ability - 6 for Animal, 6 for Artificial, 7 for Human, 6 for Inorganic, 6 for Magic and 5 for Vegetal. Each point costs 50 Hydrogenium Bars, so to purchase every Nexus point requires my character to harvest 1,800 Hydro Bars.

After my crafting skills have reached their desired levels (55 Harvesting, 60 Alchemy, 50 Potions, 61 Crafting, 62 Manufacturing) I will then prepare the 1.8k Hydrogenium Bars.

My character Metamorphosis 2.0:

He will carry over all the knowledge of the past, his attributes, nexuses and perks will be reset. Ideally, he will also be wealthy with a large amount of coin. This wealth will aid him during this stage of his development because he will not make much coin.

First, he will purchase all of the nexuses allowing him to once again have access to all of his skills. Second, he will focus on raising his Will and only his will as that is linked to both his Material and Ethereal Points. He may also marginally increase his Coordination but his Physique will remain the same.

During this stage of his development he will focus on Attack, Magic, and Defense. The goal is to raise each of them to their desired levels (listed above). Once he has successfully achieved this goal he will harvest another 1.8k Hydro Bars and reset again.

My character Metamorphosis 3.0:

Now, he is reborn with -AT LEAST- the following skill levels:

80 Attack

80 Defense

55 Harvesting

60 Alchemy

50 Potions

61 Crafting

50 Magic

62 Manufacturing

During this stage he will focus on raising his summoning to the appropriate level (75) but even more importantly he will focus on getting his final attribute set (listed above), and handing in the Hydro Bars to once again access all of the Nexus Points.

From this point forward the character now has access to every skill, is entirely self sufficient, can create any item that he wishes, cast any spell that he wishes, has read every book, and can stand toe to toe in combat with anyone that wishes to challenge him.

Now this will be a long grind, but he is already well on his way. Within the next week or so he will have achieved his Harvesting and Alchemy goal, leaving him to work on Potions, Crafting and Manufacturing. Serving a deity to get the appropriate experience increase may become necessary in the near future.

Ideally when I reset my character he will have at least if not more than 10k of every essence for magical use.

What I am seeking form everyone here is advise on attributes. My main focus is on the individual skills, but for my final build I need to know what Physique, Coordination and Will I need to have. I am also aware, from reading this forum, that the other attributes may become important in the future. This may require a 4th reset, but that is only a minor annoyance once my skills are properly high enough and as long as I can gain the nexus through Hydro Bars it is not a large problem.

Advise? Thoughts?

My character Metamorphosis 3.0:

Now, he is reborn with -AT LEAST- the following skill levels:

80 Attack

80 Defense

55 Harvesting

60 Alchemy

50 Potions

61 Crafting

50 Magic

62 Manufacturing

From this point forward the character now has access to every skill, is entirely self sufficient, can create any item that he wishes, cast any spell that he wishes, has read every book, and can stand toe to toe in combat with anyone that wishes to challenge him.

Advise? Thoughts?

80/80 a/d couldnt stnad toe to toe with some of the top players now let alone how far they have advanced when you reach this point.

anyway thats beside the point .My only advice really is you've got your goal . STICK TO IT dont get sidetracked and most of all have fun doing it :P

Good luck

Edit: Try and keep your character as flexible as possible ,to take adantage of the special days ie: keep Phy,coord and will up to take advantage of fighting days: day of sun tzu etc.

A wont comment on the Stats you need for being a proper Pker(if thats one of your goals) but im sure a Pker will help you out there.

Edited by conavar

Thanks for your reply. I've had the feeling that the Att and Def would be too low according to some of the things that I have read.

I should have checked before, but I didn't - I did now. I can see that I will have to raise my Att and Def to well over 100. At least 120 each, but I am not looking to be the best of the best - I am looking to be the best that my character can possibly become. In addition, I don't intend to be alone. Primarily I want my character to be self-sufficient so that I can assist in supporting others and ideally I will be in a guild eventually.

Edit-

I don't intend on becoming a PKer, but I would eventually like to be involved in a guild that is participating in an ongoing guild war between one or more guilds.

Edited by Meldread

Joining a guild is a good option sooner rather than later for the simple reason 90% of the time someone is online to offer advice and help (and also helps during the long long Harv sessions to have a laugh and a joke with fellow guild members)

Edit: And Welcome to EL .The game is good but the community makes it great apart from the few F** :P idiots lol ,

Edited by conavar

anyway thats beside the point .My only advice really is you've got your goal . STICK TO IT dont get sidetracked and most of all have fun doing it :P

Best advice anyone can give you right there.

I think you should set some more realistic, short term goals and then readjust when you achieve. Your current plan would take more than two yeras probably (with the hydro bars part taking 1 year alone)

I think you might not realize there is an item required to harvest every hydrogenium (steel two edge sword), so 1.8k Hydro Bars from scratch would take you...minimum 6 months I think. (2.5M Iron Ore, 1.5M coal, 1M FE)

and, GL...

EDIT For further advice on fighting, I would go here: http://www.eternal-lands.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=31821

Edited by Atlantis

I think you should set some more realistic, short term goals and then readjust when you achieve. Your current plan would take more than two yeras probably (with the hydro bars part taking 1 year alone)

I think you might not realize there is an item required to harvest every hydrogenium (steel two edge sword), so 1.8k Hydro Bars from scratch would take you...minimum 6 months I think. (2.5M Iron Ore, 1.5M coal, 1M FE)

and, GL...

EDIT For further advice on fighting, I would go here: http://www.eternal-lands.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=31821

Atlantis made some good points about short term goals but if you make them goals to fit into your long term scheme then you will still be ever moving forward

take Atlantis hydro bars for example:

To raise you Harv : Harv Fe ingrediants and Metal Bar ingrediants

Alch : make the bars and essences you will need for steel two edged swords

Manu: make the swords

etc . make the short term goals fit into the bigger picture

Thanks for your responses. I realize that it will take awhile because a lot of grinding is required. However...

Atlantis- Thank you for the link, but I do have a quick question. I knew that it required Steel Swords, and I am also under the impression that it is mined in a PK area (I have plans for dealing with that minor problem), but are you saying that EACH Hydrogenium Ore requires the use of a Steel Sword? (As in - you get one Ore and the sword breaks?!) If that is the case, I did not know - I thought it worked like a pick axe or leather gloves. Please correct me if I am wrong.

Conavar thank you again for the encouragement. One of my current problems is that I didn't know where I was going. I knew what I wanted to do, but not how to get there, so during my time harvesting I asked questions in the newbie channel, read the Encyclopedia and used http://www.el-cel.com/ to cross reference that knowledge. Using that I began to put together the above character. Thank you again for the encouragement.

Atlantis- Thank you for the link, but I do have a quick question. I knew that it required Steel Swords, and I am also under the impression that it is mined in a PK area (I have plans for dealing with that minor problem), but are you saying that EACH Hydrogenium Ore requires the use of a Steel Sword? (As in - you get one Ore and the sword breaks?!) If that is the case, I did not know - I thought it worked like a pick axe or leather gloves. Please correct me if I am wrong.
No, if it were that easy to get, all the expensive armors would be really cheap. Every harvest, you loose one steel two edge sword from your inv.

hydro is not in a pk area but you have a trip through nasty maps, that are pk and have powerful mobs. The cave itself does some damage per second, of some elemental kind, but you will shrug that off once you went through the rest.

The major problem besides getting the swords is that depending on your gear, your inventory has room for slightly over 30 swords == 30 hydro ore. Swords do not stack!

Nice goals btw, to be able to make any item in the game. Thats the goal of my guild too, even though every person has enough effort going to do it in one skill as it is...

Good luck with your goal, but you wont get there. Unless you play EL for ~18 hours a day for about 2yrs, and just work, work work. lol.

Yes, I found the experience chart over at http://www.el-cel.com/ and have come to the conclusion that this idea just isn't going to fly at all. I thought that perhaps a few months of hardcore grinding I could make it happen, but that was basing things off how easily I've progressed thus far...

I've calculated the amount of time it will take to harvest what is needed. I've calculated the amount of experience I would gain in doing that harvest, and I have approached the situation in ways to maximize the benefits. (Such as harvesting at the beginning of each hour, performing alchemy while I wait for the new harvesting hour to begin, etc.)

The whole idea is just unfeasible and would require FAR too much effort compared to what I -really- want to do. My whole reason for approaching things in this manner was because I had trouble making gold. I began by harvesting flowers, to buy books, which then allowed me to harvest other things (like Ore to make bars), because I believed that if I did that I would be able to make more money. It wasn't until later that I began to calculate that I would have made more money if I just sold the individual ingredients themselves. So far, the best steady income I have found is harvesting Lilacs in large numbers.

All I really want my character to do is be successful in combat, magic and summoning. I don't want to spend endless hours harvesting. Sigh. Time for a new plan of action I suppose.

All I really want my character to do is be successful in combat, magic and summoning. I don't want to spend endless hours harvesting. Sigh. Time for a new plan of action I suppose.

:whistle: Yes, new plan, even if to get summoning lvl 75 you'll need to harvest a lot.

:whistle: Yes, new plan, even if to get summoning lvl 75 you'll need to harvest a lot.

Good thing about leveling Summon now is the Stones, so you can raise atk/def killing Bears, and such, then making Summon Stones and selling those. :D

I've kinda been charting out a short-term goal for my character, and indeed, many short term goals give a more satisfying feel, imo :whistle:

Goals include 10k sulfur and coal in sto, 10k HE, 50kgc in bank, 30a/30d+, 25 mag, 20 manu, etc to be done within 3 weeks, playing 1-2 hours a day. Doesn't seem much to all you high levels but to a lowbie it's quite a lot ^_^

IMO even if you don't plan on doing any PK, you should still train a/d first. It's the fastest exp in the game, and usually supports itself financially depending what you're training on.

Any other skills you want to level will depend on your EMU. Hence, get a/d up, increase your EMU, then level whatever other skill. You will go much faster this way. I built up 5 skills to levels 70 or higher in 10 months using this strategy.

Anything over 800emu is good, I used to have 1.3k (Until reset) and I could get alot of ings for making stuff. :whistle:

Thanks for all the responses again. You guys have been extremely helpful. I have some questions:

1. What does emu mean exactly? From looking at the context of the way it is used, it seems that it means max carrying weight? Am I correct?

2. I created a new character if for no other reason than to test out ideas. How high and fast should I raise my coordination? If I understand things properly Coordination determines how often I dodge and how often I attack. I do not want to raise it too high, because if I attack too often then I kill things too quickly.

Once I know what my Coordination should be to get the max benefit for training att/def I will throw my additional points into the Human Nexus (for wearing armor and using weapons), but mostly Will for more Ethereal and Material Points.

More Ethereal Points will allow me to use magic more often, more frequently, and allow me to train both the summon and magic skill.

I'm currently farming flowers on my new character so that I can purchase the necessary equipment to begin - leather armor, iron weapons, and a Excavator Cape along with a Fast Regenerative Cape. (The first is to be used when harvesting flowers for cash, the second is to be used during combat.)

Once my Att/Deff/Mag/Sum are of an appropriate skill level I will #reset my character to correct my attributes.

Is this a good plan?

Thanks for all the responses again. You guys have been extremely helpful. I have some questions:

1. What does emu mean exactly? From looking at the context of the way it is used, it seems that it means max carrying weight? Am I correct?

2. I created a new character if for no other reason than to test out ideas. How high and fast should I raise my coordination? If I understand things properly Coordination determines how often I dodge and how often I attack. I do not want to raise it too high, because if I attack too often then I kill things too quickly.

Once I know what my Coordination should be to get the max benefit for training att/def I will throw my additional points into the Human Nexus (for wearing armor and using weapons), but mostly Will for more Ethereal and Material Points.

More Ethereal Points will allow me to use magic more often, more frequently, and allow me to train both the summon and magic skill.

I'm currently farming flowers on my new character so that I can purchase the necessary equipment to begin - leather armor, iron weapons, and a Excavator Cape along with a Fast Regenerative Cape. (The first is to be used when harvesting flowers for cash, the second is to be used during combat.)

Once my Att/Deff/Mag/Sum are of an appropriate skill level I will #reset my character to correct my attributes.

Is this a good plan?

1. Emu = the amount you can carry, increased by Phys & Coord.

2. Not really much need to create another char yet, IMO, your coordination will always change through the game, each monster/animal will require a different amount, depending on what you want to do, kill it fast, train for max OA exp per momster etc. As for the capes? Buy the Exc claok, FR cape is good but bare in mind that it does break, quite often, and now the NMT cape is out, alot of people train in those, so they can wear better armour, being hit less whilst training. There is not 'right or wrong' ways of leveling your character, and there is no 'right or wrong' ammounts of Phys, Coord, or Will.

You will learn through this game, by resetting, and testing, no need to create 2 characters for this, when you get to high levels you can make ~70 in 2 days np. As you progress through EL, skills and whatnot you will learn this. It takes time. ;)

Thats my essay over lol. :D

- LiquiD.

1. Emu = the amount you can carry, increased by Phys & Coord.

Actually, "emu" = energy matter unit, the weight unit in the game, as in: "A powersaving cloak weighs 4 emu."

But it's indeed often used as "maximum carrying load", like in "What's your emu?"

So, in everyday language it has 2 meanings, it depends on the context. :)

Your coordination affects the odds of hitting or taking a hit, not how fast you swing. It also increases your might, which determines how much damage you do when you hit someone/something. (It affects other things as well, such as max emu.)

To level appropriately means increasing phys and coord to a level where your might allows you to, on average, finish the creature you're currently training on in about 15 hits. (No more exp after 15 hits unless you disengage.)

For example, I had p/c 28/28 while on ogres, and could get 200k xp per hour at a multispawn. If I had increased either, I would have finished them in under 15 hits on average and gained much less exp per hour. I didn't add to p/c until I decided I was done with ogres and ready to move on to the next creature.