Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
TheComet

inverse shadow glitch

*I'll get a screenshot when I get a chance, not the right time of day in game to take one atm*

I noticed this glitch awhile back with my old gfx card, an ATI Rage ProXL, but I attributed it with the 16 meg card

BUT I am still seeing this same glitch with my newer NVidia GeForce card, a 256 meg card

What I am noticing is that when the game time is basically around sunset, all of the shadows seem to be instead where the light is hitting, and everything else is shadowed out. Basically my shadow looks like sunlit ground, and the rest is dark

I'm playing at 800X600X16, all graphics on, shadow mapping at 512, windowed

The next time I see the glitch I'll screenshot it and post it here.

I've been seeing bright shadows a lot lately too and I'm using NVidia here.

I don't know if it's significant but last time I noticed them it was just after sunrise and I see in the screenshot it was just before sunset.

Edited by Puntif

I've seen this too, it was raining too so I thought it was the reflection of myself in the water (it was daytime though). Seeing this in the night is quite weird :devlish:

Edited by Cycloonx

I've seen this effect for as long as I've played (old matrox card and newer nvidia on gentoo linux).

It seems to happen when the sky is overcast, rain or similar. Maybe the shadows brightness is not adjusted for weather effects?

got a screenie.

raining in this pic but this'll happen in any weather at sunrise/sunset

This used to also happen with my ATI Rage ProXL 16 meg card also, currently using Nvidia GeForce

I think it might be a glitch with the fog, I'll have to switch it on and off next time I see this

EL%20shadow%20glitch.PNG

Edited by TheComet