Eternal Lands Official Forums
Requiem

cant play EL on new laptop :-(

ok, i got a new laptop, its a Dell inspiron 1501. pretty nice, runs alot better than my old Dell, and can even play 'rome: total war' almost totally smooth. anyway, i installed EL, but right after logging in the EL screen went black, and said 1 FPS...then my computer screen went black, a few seconds later it went back to normal but EL was still black and said 37 FPS (same each time i tried), than my computer screen went a few different shades of black and flickered. after that it just stays black and all i can do is turn it off. ctrl+alt+del dosnt do any thing either.

i run windows XP media addition, but i think it might be my processor. its an AMD sempron mobile processor. also a wide screen. also got a ATI Radeon Xpress 1150 graphics card

any ideas how to correct this?

~1st

P.S. it did this both before and after the update

Download the Omega drivers for ATI.

P.S. On the other hand, I think other players also reported problems with this particular card. I have no idea why though.. You can try to contact ATI...

right, thanks...i will try that!

its a very fussy graphics card, some things it will run great on and some things it just wont do :P

~1st

Are there other programs that don't work with that card?

AFAIK ATI Radeon Xpress 1150 is not graphic card but chipset for AMD Notebooks. Integrated graphics core is ATI Radeon™ X300 with clock speed of 400MHz (for ATI Radeon Xpress 1150).

ok, before downloading the Omega drivers, i tried changeing some stuff on EL.ini...didnt help, so i changed it back and downloaded and installed the omega drivers...still didnt help, then i went back to EL.ini and set virtually everything graphics wise to zero and now i can play again. so Omega drivers+EL.ini worked

as for other programs not working, im testing that right now

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.