Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
TheComet

Zombies

Since I'm not ressurecting a possibly locked thread from 2004, here's my zombie idea

First off, keep in mind I'm basing the stats off of zombies being "strong, but easy to kill"

Zombies would be somewhere in-line with wolves in terms of relative strength. They'd have 15hp however, but would have ALOT of spawns confined to an area, you could say for an area with normally 3 spawns, there'd be 9.

base attack exp could be 75, base defense could be 50

They would drop primarily bones, maybe 1 meat, with item drops similar to male goblins but maybe a little more rare.

One thing I think could be an interesting touch would be a complete disregard for MM and defense level, since zombies are in short, brain-dead and incapable of knowing that what they're attacking isn't just a slab of meat.

To further build off the idea, you could have different types of zombies:

Zombie - what I mentioned above, they'd be mainly above ground

Zombie Berserker - high health zombies with around 100hp, less exp than regular zombies, and much rarer and would be best in cave/tomb-like underground areas

Limp Zombie - For the newbies, treated just like fighting a deer

Undead Warrior - Basically zombies armed with an axe or sword, with strength similar to an unarmed male goblin

You could also start some interesting and fun invasions with zombies, such as perhaps a zombie invasion of White Stone, 1000 zombies total (100 at a time though, kill one, another spawns) rushing/stumbling/walking from southeast of White Stone City towards the city walls on both sides. Give a 10-15 minute warning to get inside of the city walls so it's a defensive battle, then begin!

Would let just about anyone participate and would be a fun little version of the normal invasions, not to mention defending the city just sounds awesome :ph34r:

One more thing that could make this easy to do is that you can create the zombies right from the playable character meshes. Just retexture them with some blood or damaged limbs, maybe edit some bits of the mesh to make them look undead, and maybe give them a classic "zombie walk" animation, and you have your zombies!

ps: if possible it'd be nice if their meshes could have lower polygon count than the human meshes, especially since zombies will be en masse it's not good to have your game slow down to 3fps from all the character models about

Zombies, and variations of such have been suggested many times. I suggested a variation of this as well :ph34r: (See topic Penalty of Death and a Bountiful Harvest)

WE got skeles and phantoms :> is that not undead enough :happy:

That pretty much sums it up :hug:

If you're going to have undead you HAVE to have zombies, they're the staple/hallmark of the undead, and also the most pleasurable to kill! *starts playing Dead Rising heheheh*

Odd, it errored for me too O.o

Anyway here is a list of just page 1 of threads about zombies (there are more pages). O.o how did you only come up with one from 2004? I typed in "zombies" as the keyword and specifically looked in the Suggestions section only.

Zombies

WARNING: long and detailed suggestion :confused: Suggestions - General, Misc. TheComet 6 180 Today, 06:40 PM

Last post by: TheComet

Titans 12

unique ultra-powerful monsters Suggestions - General, Misc. conavar 23 592 15th November 2006 - 08:59 PM

Last post by: nathanstenzel

Day/Night 12

Suggestions - General, Misc. Anshar 29 834 24th August 2006 - 11:33 AM

Last post by: flea

Monsters & Weapons & Armor! 123» 5

read this before you post about it! Suggestions - General, Misc. Roja 84 4,696 22nd July 2006 - 05:05 AM

Last post by: DeathGuard

there shoud be more animals and monsters

read and think about it :icon13: Suggestions - General, Misc. Attila_scg 13 379 9th July 2006 - 10:50 AM

Last post by: ThordinElement

Creature List

Moved, in wrong topic Suggestions - General, Misc. VriS@K 5 236 23rd August 2005 - 10:21 PM

Last post by: ttlanhil

Arise The Hordes Of Undead

Suggestions - General, Misc. WiLdCaRd 12 507 28th May 2005 - 08:58 PM

Last post by: duran

Fearless Monsters

Suggestions - General, Misc. obionek 17 301 16th January 2005 - 08:23 AM

Last post by: scarr

Some Ideas

Suggestions - General, Misc. Buuhan1 11 184 28th November 2004 - 06:05 AM

Last post by: Buuhan1

The Penalty Of Death And A Bountiful Harvest 12

Suggestions - General, Misc. Acelon 25 527 24th September 2004 - 11:36 AM

Last post by: teranoz

Ogres Summonable.

Yes! Suggestions - General, Misc. teh banned 0n3na 14 454 23rd September 2004 - 05:11 PM

Last post by: Quell

Poll: Undead?

Suggestions - General, Misc. kikoran 4 324 11th September 2004 - 09:11 AM

Last post by: Entropy

Vermor Castle & Around.

Not enough Gargoyles. Suggestions - General, Misc. Merf 9 390 11th September 2004 - 08:18 AM

Last post by: Aerowind

Zombies!

Monsters from the undead! Suggestions - General, Misc. Vgame 3 292 11th September 2004 - 07:48 AM

Last post by: Aerowind

Prices Seem To Be A Bit Off...

...for some things Suggestions - General, Misc. Umrion 9 296 8th September 2004 - 02:08 PM

Last post by: Umrion

Light World <---> Dark World 123

Suggestions - General, Misc. falcon2330 44 942 12th August 2004 - 09:04 AM

Last post by: Talzon

A few new monster ideas. 12

Suggestions - General, Misc. Eldwen 24 331 5th April 2004 - 04:00 PM

Last post by: Quell

more skeletons in naralik catacombs?

Suggestions - General, Misc. Slyy 5 253 13th March 2004 - 08:50 PM

Last post by: Jimbob

New Race Suggestion 12

Suggestions - General, Misc. Snuit 27 595 16th February 2004 - 12:37 PM

Last post by: sam3773

New monster ideas 12

Suggestions - General, Misc. Eldwen 23 413 17th December 2003 - 02:48 AM

Last post by: Grum

Ideas 12

Suggestions - General, Misc. ShadowKnight 27 521 8th December 2003 - 03:23 PM

Last post by: princeofdarknes

Why are gargolyes Offensive? And in WSC? 12

I like the zombie idea, but shouldnt the zombies be a bit stronger?

But the invasion idea is really cool :P but i shouldnt pick WSC out of it, better use MM

I posting links with stuff like search IDs is a bad idea... last time you had stuff in hidden forums showing up in it. this time it's probably just an expired ID

Yes I remembered you pointing that out, so this time I made sure I only did the suggestions section. *shrugs* :):P