Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
TheComet

Click and Hold movement

While I wasn't playing EL for awhile I was addicted to a few other RPGs and one of them I played had a really nice system for movement where you can either point and click or hold to move.

So here's my little theory behind getting click and hold movement to work

a normal click would register as "find the best route here and go here"

holding down the mouse would instead make the character walk straight in the direction (with respect to tiles) of where the mouse is until there is something between the mouse and the character that would block movement

To keep this from being laggy to other players, you could perhaps make it update every 2 or 3 tiles moved and act like they were single clicking until the player releases their mouse

This would really make exploration much more fun since you wouldn't be restricted to only what you see on screen for movement

also, it'd be nice if you'd move where you click, and not at the base of whatever object may be in the way, such as trees. They could be a serious problem with click and hold movement since I can't really move through White Stone without using map due to the number of trees in the way. Whenever I chase something in the woods I always wind up clicking a tree and then walking in the complete opposite direction of where I needed to go

Similar WoW type concepts were discussed recently, here.

I'm not referring to WoW, I've never played it nor own it.

Similar WoW type concepts were discussed recently, here.

I'm not referring to WoW, I've never played it nor own it.

The point was actually more that the concept has been discussed and actually has been discussed VERY recently.

You'll notice that the suggestions forum rules state in red that you should Read before posting!

1. Do a search or read previous posts BEFORE making a suggestion in this forum! "Suggestions" that are repeats, already being worked on, or are already ingame WILL be deleted.

This is not to say that there is something horrible about your idea or other ideas that have been suggested many times. This IS to say that suggesting something a dozen times does not mean that it will be implemented. The developers are busy people who work as volunteers. The more time they spend weeding through repetitive suggestions the less time they have to actually make the game that we all play.

Also, the rules, both in forum and in game were written with a purpose. Please ensure that you take time to read them.

Thanks for the interest in making a suggestion, just try to work within the system so that you don't end up wasting your time and the time of others.

Edited by Chance