Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Ratman

Evanescence perk?

Maybe I will be told that they are secret for you to find but...

Sad that couldnt even ask for this even though someone did on new medallions thread. To get a medallion with Evanescence perk. I have been thinking to take that perk except not sure because not sure what it really gives. Wraith only tellsl about missed taken hits. But does it also: give the def xp for that taken but missed hit. And also: will that missed hit be taken away from armour damage randomizing..if I can even ask clear enough..:)

But with medallion could first "test" that feature before taking the perk..as it cant be cancelled without reset..

Just my 5 €uros..;p

We have tested this perk on test serv (fatal man as well) It didnt seem to make too much difference.

It can prolly make (winning) difference when fighting smby with exactly same (or close) stats.

IMO those 5 pp (or in case of fatal man 7 pp) are better spend on coord. It makes you hit ánd defend more.

IMO those 5 pp (or in case of fatal man 7 pp) are better spend on coord. It makes you hit ánd defend more.

Yeah..sure so but...as having tested a bit (whole gameplay after reset till 53 coordination) effectiviness of huge coordination I have my opinion that after certain level of coordination (reaction) it doesnt anymore help much at all (if dont change to harder opponent). But if evanesence would have that 10% efffect always..I would prefer it.

After 30-40 coordinations with fluffy coordination only made me hit harder and lose the xp due to shortened fights. And still with coord 53 I took about 10 hits in minute when testing it naked and with physique 4..:)

So last 20 coords didnt help to avoid those huge hits which maybe are something like "critical to hit" or "critical to damage" hits which always come through...

Just my 5 cents from my 95 oa coordination investigation..:P..and also had 14 instinct..:P

Now changed after reset to avoid huge coordination...as it seems to be wortless except if only want to kill a lot harder opponent.

Ratman aka Willson

Edited by Ratman

Yeah sure, after you got the req coord for a monster more coord wont help much (cuz crits will hit you anyway). But if your planning on taking on stronger monsters or PK a bit i suggest you pump coord :)

4-8 coord more than your opponent (assuming your a/d isnt too much appart) will make you pwn him :)

And to answer the exp question: the evaded hit doesn't give def exp. It works the same as mirror, you failed to block/dodge, so you learned nothing from this attack by this monster and get no exp for it.

Coord helps a lot, all "positive" perks r bad for fighter/PKer.

There comes time in game when u wanna train on yeti's. 80+ coord really helps than.

U ask why? Its simple : its still better to block 8 of 10 their hits and take dmg 2 times( ~60hp each), than block only 3 from 10 and take less damage from every hit( if u have 80phs or more it can still hit u for 45 dmg- even if u wear tit pl8 set).

So if u take 7x ~30dmg its worse than 2x 60dmg, less exp(less hits and less blocks)and more chances for braking an item.

I dont have 2 tell u what really counts on PK maps when special effects of many high-end weapons/armors r activated only by a succesfull hit/block^^.

There r few ppl ingame that prefer phys build, but they would loose badly in a fight vs similar strong opponent who has coord build( p40-48 and rest in coord) and who would use on them brod/bod/ enchanted special swords.

Altrought if u dont plan to fight similar or stronger opponents or dont pk at all, phys build is a good choice.

Training is very cheap there, u get less exp for hour than at coord build, but u have good drop and u dont have to waste time for making money, so in the end, its not that slow =]

Thx 4 ur attention and if some1 has some questions, ask plz =p

eMPi

So what youre saying is, the positive perks are really the negative ones (since it takes away pp) and the negative ones are the positive ones? (Adding pp to p/c). Nice piece of reverse logic happened there :D

Guest stalag
So what youre saying is, the positive perks are really the negative ones (since it takes away pp) and the negative ones are the positive ones? (Adding pp to p/c). Nice piece of reverse logic happened there biggrin.gif

yep MP is 100% right. All positive perks are crap and all negative perks are better if you wanna be a top fighter, even HS, which is a "good" perk if you have lots of rings and tel essences.

Positive perks (at least those for fighting part of the game) need at least 2 times the chance they have now to be usefull, now it's just waste of PPs.

So what youre saying is, the positive perks are really the negative ones (since it takes away pp) and the negative ones are the positive ones? (Adding pp to p/c). Nice piece of reverse logic happened there biggrin.gif

yep MP is 100% right. All positive perks are crap and all negative perks are better if you wanna be a top fighter, even HS, which is a "good" perk if you have lots of rings and tel essences.

Hell Spawn rocks Doesnt it ?

Hell Spawn rocks Doesnt it ?

If you got enough money to buy or make your own essences/tele rings then yeah 10 pp's lol :D

"Waste of PPs"

There is many ways to waste PPs. I would say that when those "good player" stats where not private, that made new players to copy that way of usage and then they whined that they couldnt train anymore because fight took only 5 secs and waiting new spawn (+run) 50 secs. And even summoners have huge coordination even though for example will would give the needed mana and additional xp.

By the way yesterday had the newest coordination investigation. With my levels fluffy needs about 20 coordination for good avoiding of hits. And because of some strange failure my ad was 10levels lowers, there was only about 8 coordination need to get same situation. Wondering also that when tried desert chimmie I could avoid almost all hits having only 22 coordination with normal ad. And I bet almost all rest hits will come through anyway as they are critical. Just to say that overcoordination can be also huge waste of PP's. At least if I still can get 4.5k in minute with fluffy in long run. One interfight minute gives about 6k.

Next step will be to get ideal coordination for fc or mc and...at last I can also start training..:D

One strange "feature" has also made me think about usage of reasoning. As my coordination is now enough to avoid hits...I still cant get all my hits through well enough (2/4). Even when using sword or stars medallion so its not because of hit strength. So I suppose that there is more need of the dexterity than reaction. And by not wasting PPs to coordination but reasoning would give also additianal xp. Aalso keeping in mind that lack of might can be balanced by use of new swords.

Anyway.Must say that these things have been balanced server side very wice and keeping them not revealed make this challenging..well done..:D

ps.Evanesence dosent seem to have any sense if it really only "heals" the damage..