Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
chatterbug89

The death of Lamp Post man

First of all, if it is imposible for a character to be attacked while sitting on the lamp post in votd....this should be moved to abuse...I never knew a character could attack a character on the lamp post...a level above someone else..that seems like a bug to me...

Anyways, I was AFK on the lamp post..well..semi-afk..I usually just sit there and get messages from friends...I guess an invansion went though and I was attacked (I think?)....Anyways, I lost half my arrmor, a Steel Long of Magic, my S2e of Ice, and other nice things...Chooagie IMed me and said afaik had one of my swords....I'd really like it returned.

I don't know..this is probally the end of me playing completely...what i worked for for like 2 + years is gone.

If this was somethign that shoudlen't have happened though..i really woudl like all my items back :S

Feel free to laugh at me about how stupid I am, console me, or whatever...

Also...i'm curiosue why people can be attacked that are a level above someoen else...

EDIT: sorry..it was onlya steel long of magic....for some reaosn i've been typing tit....

EDIT:

Thoguht i'd just post the almost complete list of what I lost...i'm not excactly sure of everything.

S2e of Ice

Steel Long of Magic

Purple Cape

Green Cape

(I had all the capes except for those new ones...i'm missing a cape that i can't remember...I only had the white and brown capes that wern't stolen from me....i'll figure it out later :S)

Iron Plate

Some other stuff

Edited by chatterbug89

it was Kill how has your Steel long of magic afaik.

and he said that his "friend" that he wont name bagjumped it and sold it to kill for 8kgc? and a tit long.

lol iirc he put it away after i mentioned it was yours in local and that he was a bagjumper.. well he might no be the person that took it from your bag but he still has your sword.

Either way, Eternal Lands is a game after all..what would you expect...for someoen to gain what took someone 2 years to get in a day....talk about lucky :-p

8k.....I feel ripped off..when i bought it i paid like 40k >_>

it was Kill how has your Steel long of magic afaik.

and he said that his "friend" that he wont name bagjumped it and sold it to kill for 8kgc? and a tit long.

lol iirc he put it away after i mentioned it was yours in local and that he was a bagjumper.. well he might no be the person that took it from your bag but he still has your sword.

actually i paid 10k and a tit. long

Yep I took it all yes me two years i been playing this game and this is my first time bagjumping :devlish:, idk if i'm going to return it mostly likely i am. But he did used to call people to pk me when i used to work hard for stuff for hours and i lose it.

~OdySseUs

Yep I took it all yes me two years i been playing this game and this is my first time bagjumping :devlish:, idk if i'm going to return it mostly likely i am. But he did used to call people to pk me when i used to work hard for stuff for hours and i lose it.

~OdySseUs

i guess a wrong for a wrong is good to do, right?.......nah it isn't.

EDIT: gonna guess ur being alittle sarcastic in ur response..

Edited by BEAVER

yeah....odysseus did it all..and i'm guessing afaik had a part of it also. I've been talkign with odysseus ...looks like i probally won't be getting it back.

By the way....

http://www.cybernetresources.com/proof.jpg :devlish:

EDIT: oh he already has bene posting :( oh well....about that event....i don't condone stealing people's stuff..i wasn't responsible about that..and i am sorry about that :S

Edited by chatterbug89

yeah....odysseus did it all..and i'm guessing afaik had a part of it also. I've been talkign with odysseus ...looks like i probally won't be getting it back.

By the way....

http://www.cybernetresources.com/proof.jpg :devlish:

EDIT: oh he already has bene posting :( oh well....about that event....i don't condone stealing people's stuff..i wasn't responsible about that..and i am sorry about that :S

sad he won't give it back...even more sad if, -EF- i believe his guild still is, allows these actions of his to just be let go. :P

It's also sad I wont be able to AFK on the lamp post and come back to see a bazzilion messages asking me how i got up there, cool sword, can i buy your sword, gimmie free stuff, etc. :devlish:

Oh well, maybe i'll start posting more on the EL forums again now lol...i'm proballly done with the game now...i don't have much point logging on anymore.

I never knew a character could attack a character on the lamp post...a level above someone else..that seems like a bug to me...

It's a known issue that people can engage when at two different heights. There have been pictures posted about it on the forums (I think perhaps in the magic school, not sure).

What I can't recall if is it's been acknowledged as a bug, or simply "the way things are".

I gave you your shit back ... -__- even though most of my thoughts was saying keep it

Edited by zoin

Well, I have everythign back except for the Iron Plate and my Steel long of Magic...which I actually bought with like 250k lilacs....or moere...i'dm not sure..there should be a post about it somewhere.

Power to the Newbs!

It looks like i'm not getting the steel long of magic back (...i have no clue wher ehte iron plate is....i'm sure odysy knows....) unless i can come up with like 20kgc....which...i'm too lazy to do.

edit:

It's not a bug per se, it's just "the way things are".

Oh well...the unexplainable workings of the universe :-P

Edited by chatterbug89

Guest ohmygod

Sorry to hear about your stuff being bagjumped but 2 years playing and you still dont know to carry a rost when you got "expensive " stuff on you??

Sorry to hear about your stuff being bagjumped but 2 years playing and you still dont know to carry a rost when you got "expensive " stuff on you??

My time is before Roast stones.... :-P ..though yoru right..i should ahve gotten one...but..i never really thought about it. Roast stones are kind of new either way arn't they.....new to this year at least.. :S

EDIT: by the way...if anyone who wants to buy back my steel long of magic from kill...i'd love you >_>

Or you coudl be evil and take advantage of the fact he needs gold badly and buy it for yoruself and mock me...either way works.

Edited by chatterbug89

Generally, in invasions stuff is considered free game and a courtesy if returned, since no one is able to pick and guard all the dbs in those. It's a practicial problem. I don't expect my stuff back, unless I know someone was close and I know the person and I dropped something I need in the invasion (like my last he :devlish:).

If you think rostos are new, then I guess the GIWS is still the future for you. Thanks for your post, I hope it warns returning oldbies who wanna roofsit to show off glowies :devlish:

It's easy to test if you can be hit at a certain location btw, just harm a passing creature, like a grizzley bear...

Generally, in invasions stuff is considered free game and a courtesy if returned, since no one is able to pick and guard all the dbs in those. It's a practicial problem. I don't expect my stuff back, unless I know someone was close and I know the person and I dropped something I need in the invasion (like my last he :devlish:).

If you think rostos are new, then I guess the GIWS is still the future for you. Thanks for your post, I hope it warns returning oldbies who wanna roofsit to show off glowies :devlish:

It's easy to test if you can be hit at a certain location btw, just harm a passing creature, like a grizzley bear...

You can't attack a passing creature from the lamp post...but apparently, a creature (or person) can attack someone on the lamp post ;-) At least that is how it seems.

You can't attack a passing creature from the lamp post...but apparently, a creature (or person) can attack someone on the lamp post ;-) At least that is how it seems.

But not how it is. Test it like I said (or ask Pardu, he'll gladly share his experience). The game is 2 dimensional when it comes to distance, goes for harvesting and fighting. Fighting has an addition: the combat path is used to measure distance, not the direct tile distance. This is why you can harm a creature from a balcony or behind bars, since it is unable to get to you.

But not how it is. Test it like I said (or ask Pardu, he'll gladly share his experience). The game is 2 dimensional when it comes to distance, goes for harvesting and fighting. Fighting has an addition: the combat path is used to measure distance, not the direct tile distance. This is why you can harm a creature from a balcony or behind bars, since it is unable to get to you.

Someone should get a screenshot of that being odne on the lamp post..i've never been able to get it to work at least ...probally because of the timing :S Anyways, I believe you, everything you said makes sense either way.