Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
sparhawk

Glands

I based this topic on this one

http://www.eternal-lands.com/forum/index.p...ic=15807&hl

Which didn't really discuss the alternate mm idea.

My idea is that instead of monster magnetism we have temporary "perfumes" or "glands" that enable us to have mm for that creature for a limited amount of time.

This would keep the possiblity of having newer players still be able to explore places like vc, skf etc.

I based this topic on this one

http://www.eternal-lands.com/forum/index.p...ic=15807&hl

Which didn't really discuss the alternate mm idea.

My idea is that instead of monster magnetism we have temporary "perfumes" or "glands" that enable us to have mm for that creature for a limited amount of time.

This would keep the possiblity of having newer players still be able to explore places like vc, skf etc.

yes, i love it, depends on the cost of it tho..

Use a Fluffy gland to scare off lesser creatures, who fear a Fluffy is near, but wouldn't it attract wandering Fluffies looking for a mate?...

I've tended to view MM as concealment rather than affinity, you have learnt to avoid monsters, hide from them, sneak past. Then the cloak becomes a cloak-of-concealment.

Then, for limiting the effects of MM, I'd still favor:

• If you attack someone/thing MM is disabled till a map change, since your not the pacifist bystander you pretended to be.
  • Occasional red beserk wounded monsters, to surprize people lurking for death bags (an antisocial, but legitimate activity)

I do like the idea of glads and more rare (ingredient) monster drops, to feed back to the crafters, manu'ers, and potioneers.

but wouldn't it attract wandering Fluffies looking for a mate?...

LoL that would be the time when ppl run for their lifes :D

Not a very good idea imo coz the price of mm cape would fall. its already low and fighters who drops thoses items wouldn't make any money at all anymore...

But monsters would drop glands, which would be needed for the alternative, and would feed back to the artisan classes.

A character only ever needs one MM cape (assuming you don't mis-click!), whereas you'd need a constant supplied of glands to make the musks, which are consumables.

I would keep the MM perk/cape though, as mentioned above redesignate it as a stealth/avoidance device, with appropriate constraints.

Glands/musks could work by adding the creatures Attack or Defense to the character's Defense (for the purpose of monster avoidance). This would decrease by 1/min as normal. Although this does require a new number added to the character record to record this.

But monsters would drop glands, which would be needed for the alternative, and would feed back to the artisan classes.

artisans already make enough money like that imo -_-